Bad News - Chap. 49

Chapter 49

Camila’s eyes were closing. She felt tired, exhausted. The fights, emotions, adrenaline and worries had taken its toll on her. But she couldn’t sleep. She had to stay up and wait for Lauren to come out of her state of shock. She knew it couldn’t be that much longer. She had to be there for her when she comes back.

Camila was fighting hard to keep her eyes open, when she heard a knock on the door downstairs. She frowned and sat up, hearing the knocking sound again. She took a look back at Lauren and bit her lip. Camila didn’t want to leave her alone, not even for a minute, but she had to see who was at the door. Maybe it was Dinah and Normani to talk to her about Tyler.

That thought woke her up as she walked downstairs quickly. She opened the door and saw the tired faces of Dinah and Normani. Camila opened the door further, letting them in. ‘’How is he?’’ Camila asked unsurely, not really knowing if she could handle the answer.

Dinah swallowed and looked at Normani. Normani looked down and walked into the living room. Camila felt nauseous and followed her, sitting down in the chair across from the couch Normani and Dinah were now sitting on.

‘’So?’’ she asked, worry and emotion breaking her voice slightly. Normani took a deep breath to answer, but her voice got trapped in her throat and she broke down in tears. She let her head fall into her hands and started sobbing quietly. Dinah wrapped an arm around her and caressed her back in support. She lifted her gaze to Camila.

‘’He’s alive. But barely.’’ She answered Camila’s question. Camila took a deep breath and let out a heavy sigh. She threw her head back and thanked whoever was up there for keeping Tyler alive. Camila looked back at Dinah and Normani, who was still crying.

Camila frowned. ‘’What did the doctors say?’’ she asked Dinah carefully. Dinah sighed and looked down for a moment. ‘’Well, he lost a lot of blood. Like, so much that they had to give him blood transfusions. He was unconscious and his body is weak. He’s very weak Camila.’’ Dinah said, giving her a sad look.

Camila gulped. ‘’They had to put him in an artificial coma.’’ Dinah said softly. Camila’s eyes went wide and she shook her head. ‘’No.’’ she whispered to herself. ‘’Will he wake up?’’ Camila whispered at Dinah who looked at her with empathy. ‘’They don’t know yet.’’ She answered.

Camila frowned, trying to push back her tears. ‘’What do you mean they don’t know yet?’’ she asked Dinah in confusion, her voice shaking. ‘’His body has to recover, Mila. The only way he is able to do that, is while he is in a coma. The doctors said they’ll keep him this way for at least four days. If his situation hasn’t improved by then..’’ Dinah trailed off.

‘’They’ll pull the plug.’’ Camila finished Dinah’s sentence softly. Dinah nodded sadly, turning her attention back to Normani, who had stopped crying but was still sniffing. Camila could feel a fresh wave of tears trying to make its way to her eyes, but she managed to stop them just in time, pushing her face in her hands. She couldn’t lose Tyler. She simply couldn’t.

Dinah took a deep breath. ‘’How’s Lauren?’’ she asked carefully. Camila smiled sadly and looked down, fiddling with her fingers. ‘’I don’t know. She’s in shock.’’ Camila breathed out. Dinah nodded. ‘’It’s like she’s looking at me, but she doesn’t see me. She hears what I say but… she isn’t listening.’’ Camila said with a sad frown.