Arc 3.4

In a lair of the desert Vernooks, Halim walks through a narrow sand filled underground passage.Dried and fresh blood splatter litter around him, staining the stone as he continues to walk while thinking about Alastair.

Turning a corner, he comes before a stone door covered in a dense array of shimmering defensive runes unique to the Vernook.

Indifferently, he watches it with his gold eyes while not even bothering to touch it, as it opens quietly.

He should have killed that Fae when he had the chance.Now only he is able to spy on Alastairs actions after he regained his memories, even if that was not the case....he would not allow others to watch him.

Behind the stone door, full Vernook women hug their children and crowd around a handsome looking young male full Vernook in confusion.

He normally wouldn't bother with any others besides Alastair, but this man is the leader "Halim" served of that ritual.

He doesn't understand what went wrong, but everything should have progressed smoothly, even with that Faes unexpected intervention.At least Alastair will now be able to understand and feel emotions.

Muttering shortly, he blocks the door without walking in.Lifting his head as he looks at the male full Vernook indifferently.

"Halim, what's the meaning of this?Are you siding with the wizards?Don't you know it's only a matter of time before the Vernooks can win against the wizards after the release of the Destroyer?"

The male full Vernook questions him in confusion, he can't understand why his normally kind and free brother would do something like this.

It would seem "Halim" really did have a rather close relationship with this male full Vernook for him to still question him at this point, he thinks lazily as he watches blood spurt on the surrounding women and children trying to leave the room when they see the male full Vernook decapitated.

He takes off his turban and ruffles his short black hair as he turns around, hearing the screams of the women and children banging on the transparent screen.Why should he dirty his own hands on them?The screen will only last for half a month.

There's no point in keeping a "kind" facade when Alastair is already aware of his actions.He feels wronged when he thinks of how Alastair will treat him.

In the beginning he watched with mild interest when he saw Alastair appearing naked out of nowhere and bearing a mystical type of golden eyes, so similar to his own situation.

But, it was only interest.He watched as Alastair looked towards the men surrounding him in confusion, it was unfortunate that he had to appear in the restricted alley where the lowest dark wizards resided.

He had no ability to resist as the men climbed on top of him in turns and touched him in a variety of ways.Even though they were innately superior, but Alastair was just a child with no knowledge.

He watched as he grew up under a variety of tortures and numbing experiences seeing the most sickening sides of others.

When he realized his feelings for Alastair, it was already too late.

He felt pain and pity for him when he saw his actions and eyes that obviously didn't understand what was wrong with his actions, only feeling as if it was natural.

He thought that if he just approached him in a way that no others had before it would be alright, in time he would be okay and accept him, after all he was just inexperienced.

One time when he was turning a blind eye to another one of his whims, he saw him come back with a female Fae child.

He was stunned and burned with jealously, who was this?Even when Alastair treated the female Fae no better than a dog, he still found her an eyesore whenever he saw how she looked at Alastair.He felt his position threatened when seeing how beautiful she started to look, Alastair never brought anyone back before.