Arc 5.4 End

Sinking into a pool filled with silver liquid and herbs in it, he rests his eyes closed while circulating his qi.

He has to stay under this pool for eighty one days, as his body changes to rank nine.Enduring the pain of having every part of him being bitten by ants and torn at the same time, he has to focus his mind just to keep his sanity as he feels even his eyes and privates being gnawed at.

The liquid is undeniably beneficial for his body and is safe to ingest, but he blocks the orifices of his body, as he stops his breathing.

***********************************

Rubbing a stone between his fingers, he frowns.

When did Ah Jing set this on him?

He laughs bitterly, knowing he was played for a fool by Ah Jings family.

Crushing the stone, he watches the dust be carried by the wind.

The man who picked him up as a beggar, the woman who helped him search for Ah Jing, none were ever on his side.

No wonder he could never even catch a glimpse of Ah Jing.

Ah Jing was probably only worried for his safety, at the time he set it on him.

He only noticed it on him when he reached the eighth stage internally and saw it embedded in his sea of consciousness, obviously having been reinforced with qi over time.

He should be angry, but he's far from it.

Ah Jing, you finally made a mistake.

Ah Jing probably never thought he could reach the eighth stage, before he took it back.

The qi Ah Jing left behind, is soaked with his oppressive unique aura, different from the past.

He tried to search using anything he had of Ah Jings, but none worked after he visited the cave.

He could only rely on the news he found and visit the places according to Ah Jings habits, desperately searching, but still having to focus on his cultivation, afraid of being left behind by Ah Jing.

Whether it's his or Ah Jings ambition, only reaching the pinnacle of power, is when they'll truly be satisfied.

A strange gleam flashes in his eyes, as he watches the qi obstructing and tyranically taking over his qi as it tries to self destruct while destroying it.

So intelligent, even his qi is inferior to Ah Jings.

From the moment he saw Ah Jing as a child, he was mesmerized, just like the many others.

He was suddenly self conscious of his dirty image, but never showed it, as he grinned with a bright smile greeting him.

He wanted to show Ah Jing everything about himself and not his past, but what made him "Kang Liang".

Their backgrounds or differences, never mattered.

He longed to reach a point, where only the two of them stand, together.

He suppresses the qi and forces it into a talisman, to guide him to Ah Jing.

He doesn't need anyones help, he can find Ah Jing on his own.

He caresses the blade of his sword that gleams with a blue light, hanging a snow white tassel.

This sword was one of the many treasures that Ah Jing and him found together, he didn't want to take such a priceless thing, but Ah Jing threw it away when he gave it to him.

With a grin and bright black eyes, he gets on his sword to follow the talisman.

How long has it been since he's seen Ah Jing?