Arc 9.1

Helyas, year 17000

In a hall, the pastors voice resides.

He touches his face lightly with his gloved hands.

Yet another city has been overtaken.

"Elias, are you listening?" His perspicacious eyes sweep over him briefly as his mild voice has a tinge of sternness.

"Of course, Father." He slowly removes his hand and smiles while leaning back against the wall with a female priest.

The discussion resumes with the pastor at the forefront.

The soldiers sent by the king fail to achieve results continously and he has no choice but to rely more heavily on the church.

He leaves the church after paying respects to the pastor.

With haggard faces they exit the hall in crowded rows.

Outside the church, women heal the wounded while male priests ready to depart with the soldiers.

A golden leaf is sewn on the end of the white gloves corresponding the wrists.

The women are garbed exquisitely as they pacify the injured and people on behalf of the church.

Forming seperate factions, the female priest leads the volunteers as he walks to a seperate unit.

Their attire changes based on the terrain with only their gloves as a stringent identification of their units.

Strong priests are limited. Causing a deficient in their strength.

Dark energy counteracts "holy energy" and vice versa.

His eyes watch a ball of "warm" energy in his gloved hand as a light smile hangs on his face.

Mistakenly, it has no relationship to faith or belief.

As the leader of the church representives on the battlefield and he holds the most authority.

The wizards and warriors can only kill the hosts as the energy disperses to others with the magic line affinity.

He naturally crushes it as it scatters outwards from his enclosed palm. Before continuing to walk.

The new recruits from his faction mingle with the soldiers as the uninjured stand in ordered rows.

His partner...

Truly doesn't understand him.

Even he doesn't have trust in himself. What gives him the naive confidence he'll stay?

Whims are bound to his own introspection.

He stares at the large bear-beast male commander and slovenly long-black haired robed female wizard in a corner to the front. While the last commander was sent to the front lines in another city to the east where the intelligence was received of demon activity.

Elves, sub-beasts, humans, and demons make up the known races in the large Helyas continent with borders set throughout starting from the N cardinal direction clockwise.

Empires and nations usually consist of a singular race in a direction, but intermingle at the intersections.

All changed in Helyas, year 13000.

When the demons ran rampant following the reign of their new ruler.

Born from a female sub-beast soft blue-grey rabbit and previous ruler.

The previous ruler had one other spouse as queen.

Similar to the elves with one ruler over the whole race and they normally only have one spouse in their entire lives.

It's the selection method that differs.

The elves and demons both have the longest lives among the races. Even if pure humans excell their magic lines to the maximum, but their lifespans won't exceed 500 years.

Sub-beasts have similar but slightly longer lives than pure humans of about 150 years, but without magic lines. Variations have occured with mingling over the years.

The rulers never marry out of their race...mostly because the elves have too stringent a blood purity.

On a demon rulers' successor's Adult Ceremony a spouse would be chosen based on attendees strength. Regardless of both parties wishes, but the demons tend to be rather indifferent.

Rulers can be both male or female in both races based on circumstances and suitability.

The demons are the most intelligent race known excluding their superior strength and beauty.

There's been debates that the demons had once comprised of multiple sub-types like the sub-beasts if you look at their differing traits in irregularity.

For example one demon may have a black lacquered right feather wing, but a green scaled left horn on his forehead with a consistent mysterious beauty.

The child given birth by the female sub-beast and previous ruler was expected to be weak by reason.

After the female sub-beast was accepted into the palace of the previous ruler and he seemed to be constantly affectionate. Which was lacking as he never touched the queen after impregnating once.

Of course, both parties were mutual.

It was their children which seemed to never get along.

The child given birth had tender white skin and a small brown diamond outline with a deep blue dot in the empty center under the furthest corner of his left eye closest to his ear.

Unique to the previous ruler's.

The child inherited fluffy grey hair and blueish semi-floppy grey ears that didn't show until the age of five from his mother. His hair was darker than his ears and had an unnoticeable blueish tone while being mostly grey.

Thinking of his partner's appearance...

It's probably the highest from all the previous games.

Very exquisite.

As a non-human race or cutivator and even Halim was slightly inferior. Though of a different type of beauty.

It's not that he's never thought of topping such a beauty like his partner with his personality and ability, but he doesn't have the right.

Torturing him plus topping him? He doesn't want to be such a scum male.

Though it's questionable if his partner really is the master of this game.

What kind of person is he to be able to watch his "lover" be thrown in various uncertain or certain games with purity or pain not guaranteed?

Instead of forcibly and decisively bringing him to him.

It's cowardice.