The Great Escape

**This is the first time in a long time I've uploaded so frequently. Also, I'm working on something new off of an idea that just popped into my head. It's completely unrelated to the Carmichael series which is sad but also so exciting! It won't be out for a long while, but I'm pumped!! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!**

Poppy's Dress (photo from pinterest):

Poppy's POV

That night I slept a little better knowing I wasn't alone. My mother tried reaching me through our mind link multiple times during the night, but I kept her - and everyone else - blocked out. I just wanted to be able to pretend last night's dinner never happened and my own father hadn't sealed my fate without even thinking about how I would react or feel.

He always treated me like a nuisance, but I was still his daughter. Did he forget that?

I was about to sit down with Kiara and her mate, Garth, for breakfast when the Alpha forced his way into my mind link.

If you aren't in the dining hall in the next five minutes, there will be severe consequences.

I fumbled with the plate of scrambled eggs Kiara had just handed over to me before I set them down on the table with my shaking hands.

"I have to go. Alpha's orders." I explained, my voice quivering. Kiara gave me a look of deep resentment.

"We're going with you," she stated in a no-nonsense tone. "Besides, I have some really good news I know you'll want to hear," she said with a smile.

"That's not necessary, Kiara. You just spent the past half hour cooking breakfast, there's no need for it to go to waste," I insisted, but she was already shaking her head in reply.

"I'll put it away and we can eat it tomorrow morning, I'm not letting you go there alone. C'mon," she insisted while quickly throwing the food into Tupperware bowls and dragging me out of the house. I stumbled over my own feet a few times as my nerves grew until it was nearly unbearable. Entering the pack house, my feet felt like they were made of lead as we became just a few steps away from the room I was dreading entering, though Kiara gave me no choice.

"Head up, chin out, shoulders squared. You'll face them with the fierce attitude and pride I know you harbor in you deep down within that tiny little body of yours," She asserted before doing the same herself and throwing the doors open. I wasn't sure how, or why, but everyone in the pack respected Kiara. She held an air of power and authority around her that even Alpha Rhymes didn't question, though that didn't stop him from sending her an annoyed glare after we made an appearance.

I regretted taking Kiara's advice the second I did. I scanned the room and saw pity and sympathy filled looks staring back at me - most of which came from the women and younger girls of my pack. Well, that news certainly traveled fast I thought with disdain. I heard someone loudly clear their throat from my right, catching my attention. My father's stormy eyes greeted me as he snarled my way. He averted his eyes towards the empty chair in front of him - which also was right next to Alpha Williams. I took in a shaky breath before taking one step at a time.