Long Awaited Call

**I'M SO SORRY YA'LL. I POSTED THE WRONG FUCKING CHAPTER LOLOL. I FORGOT TO CHANGE THE CHAPTER NAMES AS I WROTE THE CHAPTERS SO THIS ISSUE OCCURED. THIS ISN'T EDITED. You're welcome for the double update but that might actually make this story go on hiatus (I really hope not but we shall see).**

Poppy's POV

As the last song faded into the next one, someone grabbed my upper arm and caught my attention.

"Mind if I cut in?" Corbin asked.

"Actually, yeah." The guy spoke, catching me - and Corbin - off guard. Neither one spoke another word, but I felt the air around us thicken with tension as the two engaged in a stare off.

"Whatever man. She's all yours." The guy spat angrily before disappearing into the sea of people. I felt my high disappear as Corbin roughly grabbed my body and pulled it against his own. Whereas the other man's hands were placed respectfully throughout the entirety of our interaction, Corbin's started to wander seconds after we started dancing. I felt my irritation grow as I struggled to keep his hands out from under my dress.

When I felt a certain something poking me in my back and his hot breath on the intimate area at the base of my throat, I elbowed him in the chest and jerked my body away from his own. Thankfully, Grace saw the entire situation and came to my aid in seconds.

"I'm tired, I think I'm ready to go home now," I told her, hoping my eyes conveyed how I was feeling about the situation with the Alpha's son.

"Jason and I were just thinking the same thing. C'mon, you can give us a ride home," Grace said pointedly while throwing a quick glare at Corbin.

"What? You're leaving?" Corbin questioned, looking slightly angry.

"Yes, I'm tired," I said, only offering that vague explanation before turning and practically sprinting from the dance floor. None of us spoke until we'd broke through the tree line and my car came into sight.

"God, that guy is such a fucking creep," Grace whispered, breaking the silence.

"The entire time we were dancing he was trying to cop a feel," I said with a shudder.

"Some guys just can't take a hint. It's really not that hard." Jason growled looking just as frustrated as I was minutes ago.

"I just hope he doesn't catch me alone somewhere. I don't know how I would handle that..." I trailed off before shaking away the thought and starting my car.

When I finally returned home from dropping Grace and her mate off, it was pitch black and I was exhausted. My body was screaming for a hot shower and then my bed. I was thankful that Luna Caroline had thought to purchase a brand new mattress and bedding for the house just in case.

I made sure to lock the front door behind me before slumping into the bathroom. I started the shower before beginning to remove all my clothes. I was already half-asleep by the time I jumped in the shower.

"Ahh, shit!" I screamed when it registered in my brain that the water was still freezing cold. I jumped to the other end of the small space to avoid the icy spray as my body shivered. It seemed like I waited hours before realizing that the water wasn't going to get any warmer than it already was. I squeezed my eyes shut and said a silent prayer before fully submerging myself under the water.

The shock caused me to suck in a deep breath as I impatiently waited for my body to grow used to the temperature. I took rapid shallow breaths while speedily washing my hair and body, deciding to skip shaving altogether. I turned the water off and quickly wrapped my hair and body in towels, trying desperately to regain some of my body heat that I'd lost.