Induction

**I'll be at work all day tomorrow so here's the update for the so you all aren't waiting forever! Don't forget to vote and comment!!**

Poppy's POV

About four hours and some long, deep talks about life, love, and everything in between later, Grace and I got pretty much every surface of the house scrubbed clean. There wasn't a spec of dust anywhere in sight and the entire house had a fresh pine scent to it. I was glad that I got all the walls cleaned, as they were now ready to start being painted. The couple that lived here before must've hated light colors, because all the walls were painted a different hue of dark brown.

"Alright, girl. I'm exhausted, starving, and we only have about an hour before the dinner preluding your induction ceremony starts. Let's get a move on," Grace asserted. I nodded in agreement before cracking my cricked neck and muscles.

"Thank you so much for all your help. I wouldn't have gotten nearly a third of this done if it wasn't for you," I gushed sincerely.

"Hey, what are best bitches for?" She teased with a wink.

Grace stole my keys from me and drove to her own home, which I was excited to see. How someone decorates the space they call their own says a lot about them. I had a feeling I was going to see a lot of bright colors. Or artwork with ironic, sassy sayings.

When we walked in, we were instantly greeted by her mate.

"Where have you been all day?" He asked, a worried expression on his face.

"Helping Poppy clean up her new place a bit," She responded simply before pecking him on the lips. I stood awkwardly by the door as I watched him wrap his arms around her waist and press a loving kiss to her cheek and finally her mark. I felt like I was invading on their private moment, so I averted my gaze out the window and watched as the wind moved the trees around.

"Poppy, it's nice to be able to finally get a proper introduction," Jason said before reaching his arm out to shake my hand. "If my mate ever gets you into trouble, just know that I'm sorry, but it was inevitable," He joked with a laugh before giving Grace a teasing kiss and disappearing into the kitchen where he'd emerged from.

"Alright, let's go find something to wear," She said with excitement before pulling me up a set of stairs and into a large bedroom. I gasped when I saw two sets of pink fuzzy handcuffs attached to either side of their headboard.

"Jason's the kinky type," She giggled. I felt like I was going to die from embarrassment. How was she so comfortable talking about these kinds of things.

"My God, you're too innocent for your own good," She stated before brushing it off and entering her closet.

"I have the perfect thing for you to wear. It's not too casual and not too dressy and can be accessorized really easily," She mumbled while rifling around. "Ah-ha! Here it is." She exclaimed before pulling out a plain-looking, black striped t-shirt dress. It had quarter-length sleeves and rested a few inches above my knees.

"It's simple, but pretty." I complimented while fingering the soft fabric.

"That's what I'm saying! And it'll looking perfect with those boots you were wearing earlier today, too. Here, go put it on." She insisted before pushing me towards her bathroom. While I was changing, she added some gold jewelry to her chunky sweater and ripped jean outfit, dressing it up the perfect amount. She checked the time on her watch before cursing under her breath.

"Okay, we have about fifteen minutes to get to the pack dining hall. Let's go." She urged before high-tailing it downstairs.

"Jason!" She yelled out.