I'm Going In

**Sorry for the late update ya'll! As I said, I had a family wedding to attend yesterday and I have a major nursing foundations exam tomorrow morning so I've been super busy all weekend. Anyway, enjoy this chapter!**

Alpha Carmichael's POV

"Good morning, Williams. I hope you slept well," I spoke, my tone displaying how much I didn't actually care about the quality of sleep he got. I also couldn't help but get a quick jab in at his ego by dropping his Alpha title when he had no choice but to hold his tongue to keep from lashing out.

"I slept just fine, thank you," he grumbled back before digging into his breakfast. The corner of my lips pulled up in a silent sneer before I masked the look with one of indifference as he lifted his head to meet my gaze.

"I figured we could begin our planning over breakfast as we have quite a bit of work ahead of us," I said before beginning to sift through the stacks of piles I'd accumulated. Throughout the years, I've done everything I could to try and catch Knox again, but the fucking little shit was smart. Too smart. He was always one step ahead of me, but not this time.

Oh no, this time he's going to walk right into my trap. I just have to figure out how to make it happen.

"Firstly, I need to know what this Poppy woman looks like. Can you supply me with a recent photo?" I asked, praying that this man wasn't as big of an imbecile as I'd pegged him to be.

"Uh..." he rattled off while racking his brain. I couldn't contain my need to roll my eyes. I was surrounded by fucking idiots. "Oh, wait!" He finally exclaimed before snatching his phone from his front pocket and feverishly tapping on the screen. He found what he was looking for before sliding the device across the top of the dining table. "Her father sent me this photo for consideration when we were first discussing the deal. It's only about a month old," he explained as I picked up the phone. I was thankful that we were in my personal quarters with just the two of us instead of the pack house where we'd be surrounded by many. I swallowed the lump in my throat as my pants tightened painfully over my groin.

Well, now I fully understood Alpha Williams's urgency to get her back. I mean just look at those tits! And those hips - fucking A - they were made to carry children. I bet she's a lot of fun in the sack, too.

I licked my lips in a predatory manner, something that caused Alpha Williams to clear his throat and glare at me with just enough annoyance to not provoke me. I raised a single brow at him, changing my previously formulated plan in my head. I would help Alpha Williams take down my nephew alright, but only because I would be taking this Poppy chick for myself. She would bear strong pups and, quite frankly, that's all I cared about. And oh how fun it would be to fuck her knowing I'd ripped her right out from that little asshole's grip. Yes, I can just fucking taste the victory now.

"This is incredibly helpful, thank you. I will make you aware, however, that this is to be a very private investigation. I don't want anyone else besides you, me, and some of my men to know what is going on. Are we clear?" I asked to which he nodded. "Wonderful. Once you're finished with your meal, meet me in my office to discuss-"

"Alpha Carmichael," one of my border patrol guards asked while entering the room. I was about to snap at him for interrupting me, but he cut me off again. This fucker had a Goddamn deathwish.

"We have two women at the border requesting entrance for the intents and purposes of finding a mate," he rushed out. I raised a single brow while staring the man down just as a thought came rushing to the front of my brain. He's using his mate to try and infiltrate my pack...there's no other person this could be. A wicked smile overtook my face, shocking and also scaring everyone in the room.