Two is Better Than One

**This is the second to last chapter of this book - the last chapter will be posted NEXT SATURDAY!! Never fear, I have two other books (separate from the carmichael series) in the works as of right now. 

For my new books, I'm really beside myself on where to publish. As of right now, I will ONLY BE UPLOADING THE NEW BOOK ONTO WATTPAD. Yes, I said wattpad. My reasoning for this is because I really feel like I'm missing a huge part of the whole reason I write in the first place when I use inkitt instead of wattpad - the interaction with you guys. I love the comment section on here because I can directly reply to you guys and I really get to see your feedback and you guys can interact with each other too. That is missing from inkitt and I've REALLY missed it as I've finished this book out. Please let me know what you guys think of this decision. Like I've said in the past, I don't write for the money. I write because it's something I love to do and am passionate about. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK! ALSO, enjoy this chapter :)**

Poppy's POV

Knox hadn't loosened his grip a single bit since his arm wrapped around me earlier, my body practically plastered to his side. It made the walk a bit stiff and awkward as I kept accidentally stepping on his foot, but he just sent me an amused smirk every time it happened.

I knew better than to believe the intense surge of overprotectiveness, more so than even before - which was something I didn't even think possible - was simply from being in what he still considered foreign pack lands. While the rightful leaders, Knox and Kiara's parents, were back in power, no one could be sure how far his uncle's delusions spread or if their pack members actually bought what the crazy man was selling. No, I knew that me just simply carrying his child was a large majority of the reason.

I glanced up once again, a small smile playing on my face as I watched Knox's eyes intently survey our surroundings even though we were just in a measly hallway that led to the pack doctor's office. I tripped on my own foot due to not paying attention to where I was walking. Knox's body came to a halt in seconds before he secured me against him and scanned me from head to toe.

"Knox, I'm fine. Would you please relax? You're going to give yourself an aneurysm if you don't calm down," I murmured with a light chuckle, reaching my hand up to cradle his cheek lovingly. My gaze turned worrisome as I watched a hard look pass over his face.

"What's going on in that big brain of yours?" I asked softly.

"How could I have not known you were pregnant?" he grunted out, seemingly talking more to himself than to me. I let out a deep sign, afraid that this was where his mind would wander after finding out the news.

"Knox-"

"No, Poppy," he growled out of frustration, "how could I, your fucking mate, have not sensed this until someone told me? I sent you and our child into a fucking death trap. What kind of mate does that make me? What kind of father does that make me?" he continued. I could see the agony slowly burning in his eyes

"Neither one of us knew, Knox! What does that say about me as a mother?!" I shot right back, hoping to get through to him with the role reversal. "I'm the one who's body is physically changing because of the pregnancy and I didn't even suspect it! You cannot go beating yourself up like this! We've all been so stressed out and caught up with trying to take down your uncle and find your parents. We're only human, Knox. We're allowed to be imperfect," I finished, brushing my thumb across his bottom lip to pull it from his teeth as he gnawed on it.

"Well, we're technically not only human, but..." he retorted back instantly, amusement lacing his tone. I huffed and tried to act annoyed him him, but failed in doing so.