A Father's Love

**Here's the next chapter. Hope you guys enjoy!**

Knox's POV

My hands rested on my hips as I paced back and forth uneasily. I wouldn't be nearly as calm as I was now if it weren't for Poppy sharing that mental image of the building with me earlier or Grace mind-linking Jason to plan a location and time for their escape tonight. I nearly cried with relief when Jason said they'd already found all the evidence we needed and that they were ready to get the fuck out.

I checked my watch again for what felt like the hundredth time since we'd pulled up to this spot. 10:58. They should be here within the next ten minutes according to Grace's calculations. Time felt like it was moving at the pace of Goddamn paint drying and it was making my skin prick all over with anticipation.

"Something's not right," I abruptly said. I could feel Poppy's fear plain as day and despite my calm, collected facade I was fucking shitting myself inside.

"What do you mean?" Jason demanded while stepping up right next to me.

"Poppy's scared, I can feel it. Something's not fucking right. Can you feel Grace?" I asked in a rushed tone, fighting to keep my tone from being filled with fear for the sake of everyone else around us. His eyes glazed over for a few seconds.

"Yes, but she seems angry and worried, not scared," he responded, confused. I wiped my hand down my face before burying my fingers in my hair and tugging.

Think Goddammit, think! I internally hissed as my wolf grew more restless. There was a rustling in the woods a few minutes later, immediately catching my full attention. Everyone around took a few steps forward and focused solely on the area the sound was coming from. After a minute or two, Grace came barreling through the foliage. She rushed into Jason's arms as I shot towards the brush she'd just come through. Where the fuck is Poppy? Why the fuck isn't she with her?!

"Where's my mate?" I demanded.

"Your uncle..." Grace panted as tears streamed down her face. I'd never seen Grace look so distraught ever before. "Alpha Williams got to him before we could. He told him all about Poppy and you..." she cried out. I felt like someone had just shot me right in the chest.

How did I not account for that fucking bastard? My God, this is all my fault. I sent my mate on a fucking suicide mission.

"He was just waiting for us to make a wrong move. Poppy had a bad feeling about him from the start. She knew it all seemed too easy," she sobbed while clutching Jason's t-shirt as he rubbed a soothing hand up and down her back.

"I'm going in," I determined, beginning to undress so I could shift into my wolf.

"Wait!" Grace hissed, finally getting her bearings. "This is what he wants Knox. You have to think rationally about this. He purposely let me go so I would run back to you and "tattle". He's expecting you to lose all control and come running to him without a solid plan. I heard the men who discarded me across the border joking about the Alpha keeping Poppy for himself once he was done with you - which means she'll be safe for now, at least. I don't know exactly where he took her, but I'm assuming the same place he's holding your parents," she revealed. I fought against my wolf - who was desperately trying to shift and charge into my uncle's territory, consequences be damned.

I took a few deep, calming breaths. Grace was right; I needed to think rationally about this or a lot of people were going to get hurt; more importantly, my whole world was going to get hurt. I couldn't let that happen.

"We stay here," I growled out, my voice a mixture of my wolf's and my own. "We come up with a plan of attack before morning and execute it as soon as physically possible. Zane, link Poppy's mother and have her send every trustworthy warrior available. Jason, link Alpha Aaron and see if he'd be willing to send any men as well. If so, tell him to send them in their wolf forms or they won't make it here on time," I ordered to which he nodded in response.