Scars To Your Beautiful

**There will be a double update today with a bonus chapter that was posted to inkitt last week so be on the lookout!!**

Poppy's POV

Knox was tightly wound by the time we'd finally made it home and I knew there was only one thing that would calm him down when he was like this. The second we entered the house, I grasped his arm and pulled him towards me. He looked at me quizzically, though the seemingly permanent glare didn't leave his face. Without another word, I pushed myself onto my tiptoes and brought him down by the front of his shirt, smashing my lips against his own. He didn't miss a single beat as he responded, his all-consuming kisses rendering me breathless and begging for more within seconds.

He backed me up to our room while never removing his lips from my own. We began to tear at each other's clothes, leaving a trail behind us as we made our way to the bedroom - thought It seemed Knox didn't want to have me in the bed tonight as he didn't stop there and continued leading me to the connected bathroom. Once we were both naked, he turned the shower water on to heat up before pinning my hips to the counter as the edge dug into my ass. I whimpered at the sting of pain that added to the delicious feel of his hands and lips roaming my body.

In my haze of pleasure, I hadn't realized that the light was on and my back was facing the mirror. I knew something was wrong when the tension that had finally gone returned to his body as he tore his lips away from my skin.

"Are those whip lashes?" Knox growled as he trailed his hand up my back so gently I could barely feel it. I gasped as my heart began to pound in my chest. Cats out of the bag now...

"Yes," I whispered quietly, watching his face intensely and waiting for the moment he'd blow up. He had to have at least an idea, right? I mean, he's felt them before - just never seen them. I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't surprised, just murderously angry at the confirmation of what my scars were from. A shiver of fear trailed down my spine, not so much for myself but for my father whenever Knox finally got ahold of him.

"Who did this to you, Flower?" he demanded, his voice that of his wolf's. I gulped while trying to bring his attention back to my face rather than the reflection of the torture I'd been through in the mirror.

"M-my father," I murmured as a single tear trailed down my cheek. A loud roar ripped from his chest as he tore himself away from me and began pacing the length of the bathroom.

"Knox," I called sadly, that familiar feeling of worthlessness creeping up as the flashbacks of that day came to mind. He just continued to pace, pinching the bridge of his nose every so often while trying to reign in his wolf.

"Knox," I called again weakly, but it was no use. He was completely lost in his thoughts. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand before quietly entering the shower. I took a deep breath when the scorching water hit my skin, my hand shot forward to turn the knobs all the way down to arctic temperatures; the water's heat reminding me far too much of the burning of my skin splitting from the harsh crack of the leather whip. I rested my palms and forehead against the cold subway tile as the water cooled my body off almost instantly. I gulped while biting my lip to keep the sob that was forming in my chest from escaping.

I hadn't realized Knox entered the shower until his arms wrapped around my waist and he gently pulled my body back to rest against his own. I turned in his arms and pressed my face against his chest as my body wracked with silent sobs. He ghosted his hands up and down my back, his fingers feeling every groove and dip of my gnarled skin. I thought having someone touch the area so intimately and thoroughly after really seeing it would have caused me to freak out, but it didn't.