The In-Laws

**Here's the next chapter! I hope you guys enjoy!!**

Poppy's POV

"You know our son?" the man asked, his eyes displaying his desperate need for the answer to the question.

I nodded. "I-I'm his m-mate," I hiccuped out, finally pulling my hair away from my mark for the first time since Grace and I stepped over the border. Wanting to further prove the fact, I channeled my wolf long enough to overpower the scent-masker I was coated in; it didn't matter what I smelled like now, Grace and I had already been caught red-handed. My scent enveloped my body, though I could barely catch even a hint of my own as Knox's was so heavy it nearly drowned mine out. I brushed off the odd potency, pegging it down to being all in my head - after all, I hadn't been able to scent myself for almost twenty-four hours.

As Knox and I's conjoined scent permeated the room, I heard a feminine voice cry out. There was more shuffling in the cell before a small, worn down woman came to kneel next to the man. Knox's mother and father.

"All this time I thought we were crazy whenever I was convinced I'd caught a hint of his scent," she cried, grasping onto her mate's arm and holding tight. I found myself becoming worked up once again. They never stopped looking for him, either. I couldn't help the soft, short laugh that escaped through the thick lump of emotion in my throat. I couldn't figure out how it was possible that they were all three looking so adamantly for each other, but still managed to evade one another for such a long time.

"He's been looking for you, too," I rasped out, wanting to comfort them during this crappy time. They both snapped their gazes to me instantly. I nodded, answering their silent question. "After your brother took them both away, he separated them. Knox was kept inside an isolated facility until the day he shifted. When he did, he took the opportunity of being outside and got away. After that, he never stopped looking. He searched all the unclaimed territory he could, but he was finally forced to join a pack in hopes that the Alpha would assist his search through all claimed territory. It didn't amount to much until recently," I said, rehashing every detail I could remember in my frazzled state. They nodded, looking more than thankful for the information.

"And our daughter?" Knox's mother asked so softly I almost didn't hear it. I smiled brightly.

"I grew up with her in my home pack where she was ended up," I revealed, "she's my best friend. We did practically everything together," I gushed, happy to have a joyful memory to recall during such a dark time. Knox's mom covered her mouth with her hand, quietly crying into it. I couldn't imagine the relief of knowing both your children were okay after something so horrific had separated them from you. The mere thought made my gut clench.

I leaned my head against the bars, a wave of exhaustion taking over my body as silence settled around us. I sighed heavily and forced my eyes to stay open. I didn't want to risk falling asleep and being vulnerable to whatever Knox's horrible uncle had planned next.

"What're your names?" I asked them, trying to distract myself from passing out.

"I'm Jim and this is my mate, Angela," Knox's father murmured, wrapping his arm around his mate and pulling her close to his chest.

"I'm Poppy," I replied, fighting back a yawn while rubbing my eyes with the heel of my palm.

"Are you tired?" Jim asked, eyeing me knowingly. I nodded sheepishly before sitting back up to try and counteract my need for sleep.

"Lay down, then. We'll watch over and make sure nothing changes. If we hear something, we'll wake you," he insisted. I couldn't believe how incredibly sweet he was, but, then again, he is Knox's father and Knox takes incredible care of me. It must run in the family...minus the uncle. I slowly lowered my body onto the cold, concrete floor and used my sweatshirt covered arm as a makeshift pillow. I fell asleep surprisingly quick for how anxious I'd been.