Chapter 43

Ella's POV

"I'm assuming I don't have to explain my story to you." I take a sip from my drink, and stare at James as he eyes me carefully. "Might as well get right to the point."

"Well first let me say I'm terribly sorry about Kiera."

"How do you know her name?"

"Who doesn't?" He asks, leaning against the back if his chair.

"Valid point, and it's okay. I've kept myself occupied." I stir my drink with the straw, eyeing the liquid.

"I can see that, with Mr.Zayn Malik over there." He nods his head toward the hallway, and I smile shyly.

"Anyway, the main reason he brought me here is because I need to see my father. He-"

James sits up straight, gripping the metal table between us in shock. "You want to see your father?" He pauses, thinking to himself before smiling like a madman.

He just might be one.

"Now what could you possibly need from a psycho like him?"

"Information about my mother." I cross my arms confidently.

"Well love, I'd be glad to help you with that." He smiles, and retrieves his phone from his pocket.

Zayns POV

"What do you need from her?" I glare at him, wondering what he could possibly want.

"It's not exactly what I need from her mate, it's what I need from you." His eyes meet mine, and I find it hard to face the cold icy stare.

"And that would be?" I dip my cigarette in the ashtray on top of his desk, letting it burn out.

"Bring her to me." His voice is so cold and demanding, that for a minute I question how far I'm willing to test him.

"Why would I hand you, the man you are, a girl that I love and care about?" I scoff, adjusting my position in the chair.

"Being that I gave you the job in the first place and I'm the reason you love her at all? It's time for you to do your job Zayn. Stop the bullshit." He growls, and stands from his chair making me flinch in my seat.

"What if I quit?" I ask, and by the growing look of annoyance on his face, I almost wish I never asked.

"Quit and what? Continue your relationship with her as if everything you've ever said hasn't been a lie? I don't fucking think so." He steps around his desk, and sits on the mahogany wood in front of me.

"You have two options Malik. Bring her to me, or I will kill you."

His words strike my suddenly, and my heart races as the room suddenly feels hotter. I'm not scared because he intimidates me. No, I'm nervous because I know he means what he says, and he will do whatever shit he says he will do.

"Is she really worth your life?"

She just might be.

I decide to switch the mood, to remain on his good side. The only way to get him off my back, and in suspicious of me is to play along and work for him.

"Depends, how much are you willing to pay?" I smile, but on the inside I feel the fucking guilt building in my chest again.

"Is that all it takes? Because I'm willing to meet the requirements." He laughs, pressing his hands on the desk behind him.

"10,000 pounds, and she's yours." I offer.

Bile rises in my throat, but I keep myself calm.

"That's pretty cheap. She must not mean that much-"