Chapter 57

The pic above just the haircut! Not the girl or anything lol

Ella's POV

"Why would you do that?!" Ashley shrieks as I hold the pair of her bedazzled scissors in my hands. She throws herself onto her bed, letting her blonde curly hair fan out across the sheets.

"It's something different I guess? I don't know, I want to think that whole new year, new me thing isn't just a load of bullshit. Actually try it out." My teeth tug on my bottom lip, while I stare at my long knotted black hair in the mirror.

At first it was nice to no longer have that image of Ellana Rivers, strawberry blonde hair and bright blue eyes to differentiate myself from the medias perception of me. But now, I could use another change and make myself even more different from what I was.

"But it is bullshit. No one goes an entire year without drinking, smoking, binge eating chocolate, or hell, even swearing all after they've done it their whole lives. It's just not possible. And if it is, it takes a lot out of you. Makes you sad, or upset, or just plain unhappy because you're not living the life you did that made you happy in the first place." She sits up, and stares at me through the mirror.

I glance between her and the sparkling scissors, letting her words sink in.
"None of that has to do with my hair though!" I frown once I finally reach the conclusion that my hair is not even equivalent to binge eating God damn chocolate.

"You shouldn't cut your hair. It's beautiful the way it is!"

Her constant nagging and persistence starts to irritate me, and I spin around quickly, glaring at her. "It is my hair, I will cut it however the hell I please. Now, will you help me or get out of the room so I can concentrate?!"

She purses her lips into a firm red line, smudging her expensive lipstick around, but still staring at me in silence. A few minutes pass, and she finally stands and makes her way over to me. She holds her hand out to me, and glances up.

"Hand me the scissors."

"Thank you." I mutter kindly, and place her scissors in her hand before sitting myself in front of the mirror. "Let me show you exactly what I'm thinking."

--

"I bought this dress since it's pretty festive. I think so at least." I hold the dress up to my chest, waiting for her to give me an honest opinion. When I bought it, the fluorescent sparkles and shimmery flakes sewed along the dress really caught my eye. And the fact that it's strapless along with sexily short, makes it all the more enticing.

For Zayn.

"It's gorgeous! And you know if it were ugly, I'd tell you." She giggles, applying what seems to be her 50th layer of lipstick already.

She wanted to get ready early, but still can't stop moving enough to not mess up her makeup.

"Okay great. Give me a moment, and ill be right out." I run to the bathroom, and tug off my jeans and t-shirt, feeling excess strands of hair that didn't come off my shoulders fall to the floor around me. The dress slides up my body, and hugs my hips perfectly but feels a bit loose around my chest.

"Ash?" I yell through the door, and hear her feet shuffling against the floor over to me.

"Yes?"

"My boobs aren't big enough for this dress!"

"Then stuff it! Obviously, come on El."

I can almost vividly picture her rolling her eyes at me.

"With what?!"

"Have you never heard of toilet paper?
Tissues? Some socks perhaps?!"

I glance around, and down at the toilet tissue placed in front of the toilet and the shower and frown in embarrassment.