Chapter 69

If I can upload a video up here for the song I was inspired by, I'll post it later. But for now, enjoy! I might update again tonight too.

Zayns POV

"Are we still on for this Friday night Zayn? I hope you haven't backed out just yet." He sighs into the phone, and I can just imagine him with his feet propped up on his disgusting mahogany desk already.

"Of course." I roll my eyes as I stroll down the streets of London. My intention was to clear my head, and relax before seeing Ella in the morning. And I can only hope she made it back to her dorm safely, since I didn't think it was the best decision to follow her.

"Great. Now, my last encounter with her didn't go so well. Tell me everything you know so far, that I should keep in mind."

"Wait, what?" I stop in place, along with my heart. Giving details was never part of my job. I made sure to steer clear of that the minute I knew I liked her, so that I never felt more guilty than I do now.

"Details, Malik. I need to know things, to ensure that she has no idea what's really going on. If she does, then I'd just have to get rid of her a lot quicker. No big deal." He says with such ease that makes me sick. "That, and she's worth so much money."

"You're disgusting." I mutter into the phone, knowing damn well he heard me.

"You're not the cleanest lad out there either. Give me details, Zayn." He spits this time, and I can feel his patience wearing thin.

"I won't."

"Excus-"

"I won't. That's not part of my job, to snoop and lie to-"

"Have you forgotten who gave you this job? You came from shit Zayn, yet I'm the one that hired you to take care of little things like this. You go out, pretend to either befriend the person or clearly, fall in love with them. And this is not pretending I'm sure. You befriend them, tell me what I need to know, I handle them whichever way I please, and that's it. So yes, that IS your job. To snoop, and lie. Whether you like it or not. Do you understand me now?"

I bow my head in silence, and take a moment to breathe.

"Yes." I sigh and glance up at the full moon tonight.

"Wonderful. Because if you so much as blink in hesitation when the time comes, I will put a bullet in your head without another thought." He threatens, but I hear him take a deep breath away from the speaker.

"Now, tell me what I need to know."

Part of me knows he's mentally insane, and going against him would be my worst decision. But my loyalty doesn't lie with him anymore, and it's come to a point where I can no longer deny it or pretend otherwise.

"No." I blatantly say, and lean against the wall of an old building on the side of the street.

"Okay, have it your way. Take a left immediately, into the alley next to you."

This fucker would be watching me.

I do as he says, and glance around for anything suspicious. "What now?" I ask warily.

"Well now, you'll see that it's best to listen to me. And you will do as I say once I'm done with you. Enjoy." He hangs up quickly, and I'm left in complete darkness of the alley, only able to see what the tiny lamp above provides light to.

Two men enter the alley, one from each side, dressed in heavy black coats. Very muscular and intimidating, but nothing I haven't dealt with before. They crack their knuckles like some kind of stereotypical thugs, and walk closer until I'm pinned against the wall in their grip.