Chapter 55

Ella in the top.. Hollaaaaa lol

Ella's POV

I called Ashley back, this time from my own phone, while Zayn slept peacefully next to me. After hours of extreme teasing and cuddling, I finally caved in and spent just minutes of sexual bliss. Which must've left him completely worn out, to be passed out across the bed, gripping the sheets tight in his hands.

Although it was more than enough, and definitely satisfying for anyone with a mind, I couldn't fall asleep without talking to my best friend. The one person who seems to talk to my boyfriend more than I do. The whole idea of them speaking regularly, about who knows what, has me on edge. And definitely takes up most of the space in my mind, that's supposed to be filled with thoughts of the beautiful man sleeping next to me.

The phone dials, and rings three times before I hear a click, and shuffling in the background.

"Hello?!" She gasps, her breath shaky and needing more air.

"Hey ash, it's me. What's wrong? Why are you out of breath?" I whisper, shutting the bedroom door behind me, and walk towards the couch.

"I-I just went for a uhmmm," she pauses, as if she actually has to think about what she needs to say. "A run. I went for a run, and I'm jogging back to campus. Where are you?"

"I told you earlier Id be with Zayn."

"Well Ella, no need for the attitude okay? I can't remember where you are these days." She spits, inhaling deeply through the speaker.

"I wasn't giving you- anyway, I have a question for you." I roll my eyes, and plop down on the sofa, watching the skyline glow in the night, city lights out shining the stars above.

"I'm not sure I have time for this El."

"It's about Zayn." I say, dangling the thought of him in front of her like the bait I know it is.

"Fine, go ahead."

Thought so.

"You had called him yesterday, why?"

"Looking for you, obviously." She points out, probably thinking I'm still blind to what anyone would imagine is going on.

"But I told you I'd be with him."

"Like I said, I can't remember where you are these days."

Glass shatters in her background, faint sounds of clashing pieces hitting the floor below her.

"What was that?!" I shout into the speaker, only to be overpowered by a voice talking to her already. I can't hear correctly, the voices are muffled, but I do my best to hear what's being heard.

Time.

Days.

Goodbye.

Those are the only three words I'm allowed to hear before I hear her breathing come closer, and she's back. "Hello?" She breathes into the phone.

"What was that? You're awfully calm when glass just shattered around you."

"Oh, that was just this guy I'm talking to. His name is Louis, really cute lad." Her smile is clear as day in my mind as she mentions him.

"Let me remind you, you're American. Don't say lad, it's weird." I laugh, relaxing along with her even though I can't imagine where she is right now. It's certainly not back on campus.

"Don't you fucking judge me, with your British accent yet completely American way of speaking." She giggles with me, exhaling deeply afterwards.

"Seriously Ash, what was that?"

She may be trying to distract me, but she should know it would take a lot more than this to take my mind off that frightening noise.

"Louis came into our dorm, and knocked over a glass cup I just bought actually. No big deal, seriously."

"And who's Louis?"

"A friend of Zayns actually. I think I met him at that Christmas party that Harry had."

"Ha, you think?" I scoff, tugging the fabric of Zayns shirt over my knees as I huddle on the couch.

"I'm almost positive. Hey, I can feel those judgmental blue eyes just scolding me right now, so stop." She jokes, and whispers inaudible things to the other boy in the room. I hear him calling her name, so I'm slightly relieved she's telling the truth.

He sounds lovely, very kind, just by his tone. I've never met him, or come across someone by that name, but as long as she's happy, I'll never judge.

"I won't judge your source of happiness, if that's what he is."

"No, don't go that deep El. It's not serious shit here."

"Ha! I guess it's a one night kind of shag then?" I scoff.

"Exactly," she pauses, whispering something to the boy in the background. "Glad you understand, listen I have to go so I'll call you later okay?"

"Yeah fine, I was just calling about you talking to Zayn so much."

"El you have nothing to worry about when it comes to he and I. Honestly, there's nothing there." She sounds hesitant at first, but adjusts immediately and sounds confident in her words.

Zayn steps out from the room, nothing but a pair of grey sweatpants hanging on his hips. He rubs his eyes slowly before motioning towards me and making a phone gesture to his cheek.

"Ashley." I mouth to him, earning a very obvious eye roll.

"Okay well I'll let you go then, tell Louis I have to meet him soon if he's already spending nights at our dorm."

"Ugh, really? What did I just tell you?!" She whines, making me laugh.

"I was kidding, goodbye." I hang up as she starts to swear at me, sitting in silence as I wait for Zayn to come sit with me.

"She's with Louis? Louis Tomlinson?" He speaks up, his voice becoming more prominent as he wakes up.

"Yeah, why?"

His eyes go wide at first, but he collects himself, forming a calm face. "Nothing, I just wanted to be sure it's who I thought it was."

Short and awkward, but I haven't updated in forever, so yeah :/