Chapter 51

My whole body aches, and I can't bring myself to admit that's an extremely good thing. For the first time ever, he made love to me. Admittedly every other time, just wasn't the same. This time we've been through our few ups and downs, but it may have been the holiday spirit that lifted us both into a romantic euphoria.

He's still knocked out, turned on his side and exposing his back to me. It's still early morning, but I have to make my way to campus, and prepare for class. The holiday is over, only to take a few days off this weekend for New Years.

I groan to myself, sliding myself off his bed and searching in the dim morning light for my dress.

"How far could you possibly throw it?" I hiss, scanning the carpet, and see it in a pile by the window. It was clear we were both excited and anxious, but I didn't think he'd toss my clothes across a fucking football field like that.

It's snug on my body as usual, but fits all the same. If I can find my shoes easier, I could get out of here must faster.

I turn around, remembering I kicked them off around the edge of his bed. As I thought, the six inch heels resting against his footboard, and I tug the straps around my feet. I have too much pride to walk barefoot in the "walk of shame". Plus there's still piles of snow on the sidewalks outside.

"Okay." I huff, standing from the end of the bed. I make my way over to the sleeping perfection that is Zayn, and kiss him on the cheek; making him shift in his sleep. "I love you."

"I love you.... Too." He sighs in his sleep, startling me.

"You can hear me?"

"I'm not dead Ella, and you're not the quietest person I've come to know." He chuckles, turning his head away from me and the light on the pillow.

"Whatever. I'll see you later."

"Take my car." He hides his body under the blanket. Really trying to escape what little light is even being let in.

"No, I'm going to-"

"I didn't ask, baby. My keys are out there, if you don't mind." His voice is hinting for me to leave, and I smile; admiring his attempt to sound nice.

"Fine." I shut the door behind me, leaving to sleep the rest of the morning away. I glance at the lit up tree, and examine the still unopened presents we were supposed to open today.

"Maybe tonight?" I convince myself more than ask, trying to keep a hopeful spirit.

--

Usually, I'm a pretty careless driver. But with Zayn, I don't want him to hate me for crashing or even scratching his car so I go just the speed limit, keeping both hands on the wheel. I'm grateful he let me use his car, or else I would've either walked or used the train. Either way, I would've froze and it's not worth it.

I park his car in my usual spot, the one I've never used all year. I'm all about not polluting the earth and shit, so I choose to either walk or take the train. Both, wasting the amount of money I put into my small Mazda. Students are scattered across the courtyard, groups of friends going their separate ways for different lectures. I grab one of Zayns jackets from the backseat, throwing it over my shoulder; engulfing myself in the familiar hint of cinnamon. The combination of a heavy knit jacket, and a skimpy red dress in towering black heels must look strange on the outside, but I refuse to let the freezing air hit my bare skin. It also earns a few awkward stares, and nasty glares from people passing by, but I give every single one a mental fuck you and keep walking.

"Shit man." I scurry to the building, rushing to the elevator to hurry and get to my dorm. I need layers of clothing in this exact moment, no second later is good enough.

Secrets (Zayn Malik)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara