27

"Are you the family of Mrs.Park Chaeyoung," the doctor asked again.

"YES," you all shouted at once. "Can you tell us what happened doc?"

"According to the police report Mrs.Park had an accident. When the police arrived on the scene her car appeared the have skid across the road. Her car flipped over into a ditch."

"How is she," Jungkook asked.

"Well, right now she is in the intensive care unit. Mrs.Park has...well let's just say that she has a long recovery ahead. That is if she has one."

"What do you mean doctor? What all is wrong with her," Jungkook asked.

"She is in a comatose state as a result of the airbags not deploying. She has broken/fractured all but two of her ribs, also she has broken her left arm. Besides that she just has cuts and bruises all over her legs and arms."

"Is she going to wake up," you asked.

"I am not sure. From the look of the impact her head took it doesn't look like she has a big chance of doing so."

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT," you yelled at your father. "IF YOU HAD STAYED OUT OF OUR BUSINESS CHAEYOUNG WOULD BE FINE RIGHT NOW! GO TO HELL!"

"Y/n, focus on Chaeyoung getting better right now," your mother said stepping in front of you.

"M-mom..."

"I know honey," your mother cooed holding you in her arms.

"M-mom, I-I just got h-her back," your voice cracked.

"I'm sorry babe," she said kissing your head.

"You guys can go, one at a time, and go see her now if you would like," the doctor said.

"I will go first," Jungkook said.

"No," your father said.

"Sir,with all respect she is my wife."

"Don't think I didn't know what went on. I know that you cheated on my daughter not one but three times. Son if you would like to keep every bone in your body in one piece I suggest you leave and never come back."

With that Jungkook walked off in anger, hopefully never to come back.

"Y/n, go ahead and see your sister."

"Thank you, dad."

You broke away from your mother's embrace and followed the doctor up the the intensive care unit. Once upon arriving at Chaeyoung's room the doctor stopped and turned to you.

"I need to warn you of something before I let you go in there."

"What is it," you asked concern evident in your voice.

"Mrs.Park is hooked to all kinds of wires and tubes. I don't want you to go in there blindsided."

"I will be okay, Doctor Carter. At least I will try to be."

With that the doctor nodded and walked away. You put your hand on the handle and turned. As you opened the door your heard her heart monitor. You were too scared to look up and face the love of your life in a such a weak, powerless state.

While still looking down you turned around and closed the door. You pushed your head up and took a deep breath, a stray tear escaping your eye. After a few minutes you finally gained enough courage to turn around. You slowly turned and the site in front of you made you drop to your knees.

No warning that the doctor gave you could prepare you for what you saw. No matter how many scenarios played out in your head. Nothing could prepare you for this.

As you stared at her all you could do was sit there on your knees. There were no tears, no pain, nothing. You felt nothing.

Without thinking you stood up and walked over to the chair beside her bed. You sat down and rested your hand on top of her own.

"Please wake up for me. I finally got you back to me. Please wake up for me, Chaeyoung."

You kissed her forehead before finally letting the tears fall. You lightly placed her hand on your cheek, hoping to feel her warmth once again. Nothing.

"Don't leave me. I love you. I always will."