28

A Couple of Days Later

You were awoken by the light from the sun flooding your room. After five days your parents coaxed you into sleeping at home instead of the hospital. You groaned as you turned over in your bed, only to be disturbed once again by the sound of your phone.

You wiped your eyes as you squinted to see the name on the tiny screen.

Mom

"What does she want?"

Ring Ring Ring

"Hello?"

"Y/n, how are you doing this morning?"

"I was doing great until...I am fine mother. What did you want? Is Chaeyoung okay?!"

"I just wanted to check and see how you were doing. You barely got any sleep at the hospital. You watched Chaeyoung's heart monitor like a hawk."

"I just want to make sure she is okay. Can I come down today and see her?"

"You won't stay up for five days straight watching her heart monitor again, will you?"

"No, I will not mother."

"Okay. The doctor wants to tell you something."

"Why me? What is it?"

"You will see when you get down here. Just hurry please."

"You are scaring me mom."

"Just come on down here sweetheart."

"I am on my way."

At The Hospital

"Hey mom!"

"Hey!"

Once you got a good a good look at your mother you saw that she had tear filled eyes. Her eyes were also red and puffy. Her appearance all together wasn't good at all.

"Mom, what's wrong?"

"I think you need to talk to the doctor, y/n."

"What's wrong with Chaeyoung? Is she gone?!"

"No, honey she is here. She is alive," your mom said stroking your cheek. "Look Doctor Carter is coming."

You turned around and met the eyes of Doctor Carter.

"What is going on," you asked.

"Mrs.Park...well something happened last night."

"I don't need you to be nice doctor. Give it to me straight."

"Mrs.Park had a seizure. We did a CT and an MRI and discovered that she has a brain bleed."

"So...will she be okay?"