31

One Year and A Half After Chaeyoung's "Death"

Ring Ring Ring

"Hello, how may I help you?"

"Hi, y/n l/n this is Detective Buras."

"What can I do for you today, Detective Buras?"

"Do you mind coming down to Central Station? I have new information on a Mrs.Park Chaeyoung's case."

"She doesn't have a case, Miss. I am afraid to tell you that she passed almost two years ago."

"Can you come down to the station? I now that this is confusing right now, but I can explain everything when you get here."

"Okay," you said sighing.

"Just come here and ask for me. I will be waiting."

End Call

You got ready and headed down to Central Station in confusion.

'What does he mean? How does he have a case on a deceased person?'

Before you could let your thoughts linger anymore you had arrived at Central Station. You walked in and told someone that Detective Buras wanted to see you. As you took a seat waiting for her, you looked across the room and saw a little baby crawling towards you. When she reached you she grabbed onto your knees and stood up with a big accomplished smile. A small smile spread across your face as you grabbed her hands.

"Oh! I am so sorry!"

"It's fine," you said looking at the panicked woman sitting across from you.

"She doesn't usually like to interact with new people. She would usually get shy and go to someone she knows to hide. You know...she kind of favors you."

"What...me...no! But she is cute though," you said placing her in your lap. "What's her name?"

"Micha. Park Micha. She's nine months old."

"I like her," you said picking her up in the air.

You played and laughed with Micha a while before Detective Buras brought you to her office.

"So...what exactly is going on?"

"A couple of days ago...there was a letter that was mailed to you."

"To me? I haven't gotten any letters."

"It went to the post office and it just had your name written on the front."

"O-okay."

"Now you may be wondering why that lead to you sitting in my office right now."

"Yes."

"Your name was written of the front in blood. It raised concern so it was brought here."

"What did it say?"

"Wait."

"What?"

"A package was also with it."

"Okay. What was in this package?"

"You know that sweet little baby you met out there?"

"Micha?"

"She was in the package."

"WHAT?"

"Before you lose it, read this letter. I have a picture on my phone, because right now it's evidence."

You took her phone and began to read the document...

Dear Y/n,

You have yet again messed with the thing I hold dear. My Park Chaeyoung. She is the only thing I had that was worth living for. You took her away from me. Btw that thing in the package is your's. I thought I could finally have a family with my love, but you ruined that too. I knew that you liked your sister. That's disgusting you know. Anyways I just wanted to give you your package. Oh, and Chaeyoung is safe.

"Who sent this," you said clenching your jaw. "What do they mean that what was in the package is mine?"

"They are insinuating that Micha is your baby."

"Who sent this?"

"We are on the case now. Like I said, we just got this note a couple of days ago."

"So,..Micha is my kid? Is Chaeyoung still alive?

"Yes, she is. We don't know for sure yet if she is still alive."(If you are a girl...let's pretend that you can get another girl pregnant, okay?)

"How did you get my DNA and run..."

"Don't ask questions, y/n."

"Hu-..."

"SO...we need to discuss Micha."

"What about her?"

"Would you like her? I mean she is your daughter. We had to ask you before we put her into the system."

"I don't know, Detective Buras."

"I saw you with her earlier. She loves you. It would be nice to see you and your daughter together. Especially with all of what is about to happen. She needs you."

"I just learned that she is my daughter. I don't know."

"You know when some kids get into the foster system they don't always get good parents. Some end up with abusive parents, and some kids just get bounced around from home to home. That's not good for a kid. It would be good if Micha had a loving parent like you to take care of her."

"O-okay."

"Are you serious? You agreed?!"

"Yes..."

"Sorry, you just seemed like you were going to take a little while to convince. Um...I can bring Micha in and you can play with her for a little bit while we get her papers ready," she said exiting the room.

"Okay."

Detective Buras came back into the room with Micha and placed her into your lap.

"I will be back in about 30 minutes," she said shutting the door.

"Looks like it's just you and I Micha," you said smiling down at her. "You are so cute," you said rubbing her back. "We have to go get so much stuff for you," you said gently laying her head on your shoulder. "I promise that I am going to spoil you. I just wish that your mother was here. You can tell me where she is, right?"

You got quiet and heard light snores coming from the girl lying on your shoulder.

"Yup, your mine...I promise to raise you well, Micha."