"i hope i can be your resting place"

song for this chapter ɾ⚈▿⚈ɹ

♪(๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪ (When You Love Someone - DAY6) ♪ (๑ᴖ◡ᴖ๑)♪

Few weeks later ;

Jennie went to shopping with her mother as her mother told her they are going for a dinner with their new business partner tonight. "I want you to dress beautifully tonight. I heard that our business partners have a son too. Maybe he is around your age? It's time for you to get to know boys,darling" Her mother said. Jennie just smiled. "You can find which dress fits me the best,mom" Jennie said.
Then her mother handed her a pastel pink dress with some beads.

The dinner started at sharp 8 p.m.
"Jennie,you look good,sweetie" Her father said. Jennie smiled and glanced over her dress. "Thank you,dad" she said. "Be good at the dinner. They are our important guests" her dad said. Jennie nodded.

Her parents' business partners were the first one to arrive. Jennie entered the room specially booked for the dinner tonight and shocked seeing who's infront of her. She almost stumbled upon seeing Taeyong and his family..she assumed? Taeyong was surprised to see Jennie and her family.
Their family greeted each other.
"Mr and Mrs Lee,this is our only daughter. Sweetie,introduce yourself please" her parents said and pulled Jennie closer to them. "Um hello..my name is Jennie Kim. I'm 19 years old.." Jennie carefully introduced herself.
Taeyong's parents looked glad to see her. "Hello Jennie. This is our son. He is the same age as you too. Introduce yourself,buddy" Taeyong's dad said and patted him on the shoulder as a sign to introduce himself.
"Hello Mr and Mrs Kim.. i am Taeyong and i'm 19 years old too" Taeyong introduced himself. Jennie looked like she was going to laugh when Taeyong behaved so polite infront of their parents.
"You two should be friends,kids. Anyway,should we have dinner now?" Their parents said to break the intro sessions.
Jennie sat infront of Taeyong. She became awkward in all of sudden.
They practically became friends but only when they feel like talking to each other. It feels like um..they are not friends at all. Taeyong smiled at her when they made eye contact.
"Hi" Taeyong said softly. Jennie chuckled. "Hi" she mouthed.

The dinner went on as their parents were busy discussing about their new projects. Jennie and Taeyong felt bored. Jennie had to excuse herself.
"Mom,dad,can i go home now? I forgot i have homeworks to hand in tomorrow" Jennie lied. Her parents were about to not let her go but Taeyong's parents said it's okay to go home early since she is still a school student. Jennie smiled to them and thanked them for the dinner before leaving. "Taeyong,i think you should go home too. You look sleepy. You should get some sleep" his parents said. Taeyong had the chance to escape so he left and went after Jennie.

"Hah!" Taeyong surprised Jennie from back. "What the— ugh taeyong!" Jennie grunted. Taeyong laughed.
"Where are you going?" Taeyong asked. "I dont know. I dont have homeworks" Jennie told. He chuckled.
"Why did you lie? That's not good" Taeyong said jokingly. "You dont look so good after all,Taeyong" Jennie said sarcastically. "Oh that hurts" Taeyong said.