[9] drama queens & unspoken truths

"Kendra!"      I turn around

"Kendra!"

I turn around. It's Bree.

"Hey."

"Girl, I have so much to tell you!!!!" She screams. I roll my eyes and shut my locker.

"And that is...?" I trail off, looking at her as she bounces on her feet with excitement in her eyes.

"I don't think you're ready for this. I still can't even believe that-''

"Kit and Archer are siblings?" I cut in, enjoying the shocked look Bree has on her face.

"How? How did you know? Why didn't you tell me sooner?" She genuinely looks hurt, like this news is the meaning of life, and I didn't tell her. Drama queeeeennnn.

"I knew for like, a day." I shrug. That's kind of a lie. It's been three days since Archer told me. Whatever. What she doesn't know can't hurt her.

"Oh. So can you believe it? It's all anyone can talk about!" She squeals.

"How did you figure out?" I ask as I slip my bag on my shoulder.

"Kit posted a picture of her and him. Someone asked if they were dating and she said that they were siblings so...well obviously it's all anyone's talking about! She's not too happy about everyone knowing...he was like,  adopted, right?" She asks.

I nod. "Yeah...he told me..." I trail off. She slips her arm into mine like second graders do.

"Tell me." She smiles.

I falter. Would Archer want her to know everything? They're not friends. What if Archer gets mad at me? I can't tell her. I take my arm away.

"Sorry, I can't." I say, letting my arm hang limply at my side.

"Why?" She says fervently, putting her hands on her hips and scowling, her perfect eyebrows lowering. My eyes widen. Her sudden burst of sass and anger is surprising.

"Because..."

"Because you don't trust me." It's more of a statement than a question, like she expected it.

"No...no! No that's not why. I-uh...I have to go. I'm gonna be late." I spit out, but I don't move. She just stares at me.

"I know why!" She almost screams. People turn around. "I know why. Because you're so in love with him. That's why! Isn't it? Don't tell me I'm wrong! You have a huge crush on him. You just want all the details to yourself so it can just be you and Archer! Your little secret together! Nobody will know, you can live a life of secrecy together! That's what you want, right?" She screams. Everyone in the hallway has turned around. My checks burn with anger. She overanalyzes everything, yet also manages to be a stupid air head at the same exact time.

"God, Brianna. Why are you such a drama queen?" I say. She narrows her eyes and everything about her is currently pissing me off.

"Yeah. You heard me. Your stupid little empty-ass head heard correctly. Shut up, and stay away from me. Now, if you don't mind." I say, turning on my heel and running, already late for English.