[12] they're dating?

"You, my friend, are messed up

"You, my friend, are messed up." I say, pointing my slice of pizza at him. He's sitting across from me, talking about Barbie, and I have to admit I'm kind of scared.

The twins, whose names are Jack and John (that somehow makes them cuter) are sitting next to Archer.

"Is it true that this man baby watches Barbie?" I ask Jack, the one with freckles.

He nods enthusiastically. "Yeah! He saw where Barbie turns into a mermaid! What's the name called...?" I smile. He's too cute. And for a five year old, he talks pretty well. Better than me.

"It's called A Mermaid Tail, for your information." Archer scoffs, looking down at Jack, who's currently stuffing pizza in his face.

I grin. "You're a weirdo." I say to Archer.

He fake scowls and pulls out his phone.

"I just got this game...look." He says, pressing on an app. I gasp.

"Oh. My. Gosh! Archer!" I laugh, watching as the app loads and a guy with a bow and arrow appears. Then he presses and slides and the little archer shoots at a guy with an apple on his head.

"I knew it!" I say, pumping my fist.

"You're an archer!" I grin, taking another slice of pizza. He shrugs and leans over the table.

"Don't tell anyone..." He whispers, and then sits back down. I snort and nod.

He smiles and puts his slice down.
                      __________

I'll have to admit, I did have fun. I mean, I like as little human interaction as possible, but I don't really mind being around Archer's family. They're so friendly and seem to get along so well. And I think Rita likes me.

I shut my locker and head to Spanish. Even though that day with Archer was a few days ago, I can't stop thinking about how lucky I would be if I had a huge family.

I wish I had a dad to teach me to stay away from boys, even though I wouldn't listen. I wish I had brothers that force me to play football, brothers that give me their old hoodies. I wish I had older sisters that give me fashion advice and help me with my hair and makeup. I wish I had little brothers and sisters that look up to me.

I wish I had a cliche family. That would be so great. I'm not saying I don't like my family, I love Tessa and mom more than anyone else.

But I want more.

I walk into Spanish just as the bell rings.

I look across the room to Bree, almost by habit. She grins at me.

What? Now I'm confused. Didn't she scream at me in the hallway? Humiliate me? Didn't I call her a drama queen and tell her I hate her? And now she's grinning at me?

I raise an eyebrow as Mr. Garcia points to the board and starts talking about conjugations. I take out a pen and cast one more glance at Bree, who looks genuinely happy as she writes something down.

I try not to think about that. I copy down the homework.

"Buenos dias, class! Today we are going to continue reviewing for our test. So, a lot of you had trouble conjugating on the quiz, so I thought it would be good to start with that." He smiles, gesturing to the board.

I put down my pencil and prop my head up on my hands, finally noticing Kit looking at me.

"What?" I whisper sharply.

"Did you like, go out with my brother the other day or something?" She says. I squint, like that would help. Why would she think that?

"No, I didn't. Is there something wrong with you?" I retort. She just shrugs lazily.

"Like, he's dating someone. Don't get your hopes up, loser." She grins.

I just stare at her, suddenly finding it difficult to breathe steadily. He's dating someone? Who? I feel nauseous. My eyes burn.

She's lying. He just moved here. How could he be dating someone already?

Because he's cute, because he's funny, because he's just completely amazing.

I feel like throwing up. I just look straight ahead, begging for this class to be over quickly to figure out if this is true.
                             __________

When the bell rings, I jump up and run out the door, running to my locker and looking around frantically. No Archer. I'll see him in English, I guess.

He's not dating anyone. He would tell me.

Would he?

I feel tears well up in my eyes. I wipe them quickly.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Bree walking over to my locker. Maybe she'll know something about this.

"Hey...Bree. So, do you know if Archer's dating anyone? You know, that new kid." I say, sounding more concerned and nervous than I meant to be. She grins wickedly, and my heart thumps.

"Well. Yeah, actually. I totally know!" She says loudly, smirking. Then she looks away from me and smiles warmly, gesturing to someone to come over. I look over my shoulder.

It's Archer.

What is happening?

He walks over and looks at Bree. His face is slack, and if this were a movie I would guess he was possessed.

Bree just grins and leans her head against him.

I just stare, my hand hovering over my backpack, about to take out my binders.

"We're dating!" She chirps.

I bite my lip and look away. 

This time, when the tears come, I don't wipe them away. Why are they dating? He likes her? Why wouldn't he tell me?

When did my life become so dramatic?

Now I'm at the verge of crying as Archer looks down at her, about to say something.

I don't want to hear it. I slam my locker as hard as I can, throw my backpack over my shoulder, and sprint to English.

I am never talking to him again.

I hate him. I hate him.

How could he do this to me?

Please vote if you enjoyed! ♡