[11] toni's crunchy pizza

I glare out the window from my seat in the car, watching the fences and houses speed past me

Tessa sits behind me, either humming or trying not to laugh, I can't tell.

I turn around and glare daggers at her.

"What is it?" I almost yell. It's mom's turn to glare at me.

Tessa just shrugs.

All she says is "Big boy undies."

Today she's wearing a Coca Cola t shirt, knotted in the front, with black shorts. She's wearing her hair up in a ponytail. She also has round-rimmed glasses on, kind of like Harry Potter's. If I told her that she'd probably punch me though.

But seriously. I'm insanely jealous of her fashion skills.

"So, your boyfriend is cute." Mom says, trying to change the subject. I wonder how she felt about Archer's statement. I decide not to ask. It doesn't really matter anyway, seeing as she doesn't even know that's my...my friend boy...damn, why can't it just be simple?

Tessa stares at her in horror.

"MOM!" She screams, exactly like I did this morning. Her mouth opens and closes quickly, kind of like a fish gasping for air...or water...?

"MOM! Omg!!!! Sam's not my boyfriend!!!! He's my friend! And he's a boy! There's a difference!!!!" I smirk and turn around to face mom.

"Made the same mistake twice, in one day." I say, folding my arms and looking back out the window.

"Don't talk to me like that, Kendra. And Tessa, you told me he was your boyfriend. I assumed that meant dating."

"No mom. Friend boy. Boy friend. Huge difference!" She pauses, like she's waiting for it to sink it with mom. "I told you I made a new friend, and he's a boy. I did not tell you I had a boyfriend!!!!" She almost screams the last part out of obvious aggravation. I snort.

"Kendra, stop laughing!" Mom orders.

"I'm not laughing...I'm turning into a pig." I say. She glares at me.

"Was that sass?" She asks.

"Nope. I'm really turning into a pig. OINK!" I scream.

What is wrong with me.

When the car parks in front of my house, I get out quickly and slam the door so mom doesn't have to chance to like, swerve the car to the left so I fall out, punishment for my sass about pigs.

I run up the walkway and lean against the glass of the door, waiting for mom to come with the key.
Ping!

I take my phone out of my pocket. It's Archer.

I decide to wait a few minutes to text him back so I don't look like I'm desperate for communication.

Archer: hey :)