[31] what a moron

I'm lost in the jumbles of words and questions as I just sit here, staring at the board and the words on them, not reading or paying attention

I'm lost in the jumbles of words and questions as I just sit here, staring at the board and the words on them, not reading or paying attention. Just staring.

I can't get him off my mind, as cliché as it sounds.

It's so crazy, because he's right next to me, but I feel like he isn't here. Or near me at all. I feel like the Archer I knew is somewhere else. And he hasn't even talked to me or shown me he's different than when we were dating, but I'm still sitting here and having these thoughts.

I just wish things weren't so complicated.

But it is, so I guess I just have to sit here and allow these thoughts to consume me.

Eventually, the bell rings and I realize I haven't learned one thing so far today. I don't even remember one word my teachers have said today. I have been anticipating something improbable all morning. All Saturday. All Sunday.

What have I been anticipating? That he'll rush over to me with tears in his eyes and beg for me to take him back?

Where the hell is my morality today?

I stare down at my desk and flip my binder shut, shoving it in my backpack. I zip it up and throw it over my shoulder, gripping one of the straps.

Should I be waiting for him?

I don't know. Maybe. No. Yes. Definitely not. Of course. Not at all. Why shouldn't I? Why would I?

I take small, lingering steps towards the door, watching out of the corner of my eye as he gets out of his seat and picks up his bag.

"Kendra! Wait up?" I turn around at his voice, my heart thundering, and nod, my lips in a straight line.

Well, I guess that solves the problem.
_____________

The lunch room has never been less inviting. For some reason, the yells and laughs of all the other students drives a headache into my forehead and I'm finding it difficult to concentrate. Everyone just seems too happy today. Or maybe I'm just too annoyed to tolerate it.

Maybe it's because Archer is right next to me and it's dawned on me that I can't take his hand. Or look at him and smile. I mean, I could smile at him, but why would I when my heart is crumbling to pieces? When he's the one who smashed it in the first place?

My head is screaming for me to sit somewhere else, but where?

Do I want to sit with him? No...yes. I don't know.

I force my mind to rid of these thoughts and focus on what I'm doing; walking.

Apparently not very well, though. I bump into the damn trash can and fall on my butt out of surprise, my face burning. Not many people saw that, and I start breathing easily again when I look around and see everyone minding their own business.