[13] should've said no

By the time I get to English, my eyes are dry and I've accepted what happened

By the time I get to English, my eyes are dry and I've accepted what happened. Well, kind of.

I hate Archer. But I have no right to hate him.

He did nothing to me. At least not that he knows of.

As the bell rings, Archer walks in and loudly slumps into his usual seat. I don't look at him.

He leans over and taps me lightly on the shoulder. I pretend I didn't notice it, even though it was pretty hard. I want to talk to him. Really badly. But I just want him to know that I'm mad, which is petty, I know.

Ms. Blance rambles on about the usual, but I'm not really listening.

I hate how unfair this is. I hate that he never told me. I hate that Archer is dating Bree, that obnoxious, pretty girl. I hate Bree.

I hate Archer.

This is the most dramatic I've ever been, but it's so difficult to express myself in any other way. So that's that. Whatever.

I sneak a glance at Archer, who has his head in his hand, writing something down.

His grey eyes look darker than usual. He notices me looking at him and looks down as I look away. A second later he taps my shoulder and throws a piece of paper on my desk.

It says "Ken" with a little smiley face on the folded front. I want to smile. I want to unfold it and read it. But I don't.

"Kendra, what is that?" Ms. Blance asks, gesturing to the paper on my desk. She probably saw Archer throw it at me.

I stare straight ahead at her, not at Archer, though I can feel his eyes on me.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing." I say smoothly, getting up and tossing it nonchalantly in the trash.

As I make my way back, I cast a glare at Archer, who is staring down at his worksheet. Good.

"Alright. So, back to the lesson." She says, then starts talking again about the new book we're reading. This time, I listen, because books.

When the bell rings, I quickly get up, not waiting for Archer like I usually do.

"Ken!" Archer runs out of the class and stops by my side. He's smiling a little, but he looks sad.

"My name is Kendra." I say firmly. He shakes his head.

"Okay. Sorry. Kendra, can we-''

"Hey Kendra!" I turn around at the sound of the voice. It's Nikki.

"Hey!" I smile, dropping back to walk with her. I glare menacingly at Archer before desperately engaging Nikki in a conversation.

I glance at Archer. He's a few feet in front of me. His head is down.