[bonus chapter] - after

"Okay, so, After?" I nod and Archer lets go of my hand to buy the tickets

"Okay, so, After?" I nod and Archer lets go of my hand to buy the tickets. "Thank you! You have a good day, too."

He grabs my hand again as we push through the doors and join the line to hand in our tickets.

"Popcorn?" I nod and he opens his wallet and hands me ten dollars. I made him take $30 because he wanted to pay for everything. I figured if I gave him my money and let him pretend it was his, I wouldn't have to force him to not pay for anything.

I guess it made a bit more sense in my head.

I make my way over to the counter and order a large popcorn and a slushie, leaning on the counter and listening to the rush of chatter as I wait.

I thank the smiling girl who hands my order to me and turn around. Popcorn and slushie in hand, I walk over to the table near the counter and pour butter on the popcorn. A bit too much butter, but whatever.

"Ken!" I turn around to see Archer waving at me frantically. "Come on, we're next!"

"Okay, coming!" I rush over to him and almost trip twice, staggering to gain normal footing before sprinting over to him and almost spilling my popcorn.

"Two tickets for After," he says when I meet his side. The man nods and points to the left of the hall, and we thank him and walk into the theater.

"Middle, center," I order as we stand at the bottom, looking up at all the seats. "Come on."

We came a bit early, so we easily grab the two seats near the center.

"Don't eat the popcorn until the movie starts," he tells me, glancing at me and laughing. As soon as he said that, I had plucked a piece from the bucket and was about to eat it, but now I'm frozen, my hand halfway to my mouth.

I throw it back with a sigh. "Fine." I check my phone. "Fifteen minutes until it starts." He makes a weird face and frowns.

"How long is it?"

I shrug. "I don't know. Probably two hours."

He sighs and slides down a bit in his seat. "That's too long."

"Deal with it. You're the one who took me to see it."

           ___________________

"Finally, it's starting!" I whisper, pointing to the screen. I get shushed by about eight people. "Sorry!" I get shushed again.

Archer looks at my cup holder and frowns. "Why'd you only get one slushie?" He gets shushed like I did, so I drop my voice to a whisper.

I shrug. "You only gave me $10."

"Fair enough. But then when I drink it it's like I'm kissing you." I quirk an eyebrow, extremely confused.

"Is there a problem with that?"

He shakes his head. "No, but I actually want to kiss you."

I whisper laugh and lean closer to him. "That makes no sense." He leans down too, and then I quickly press my lips to his, pulling away before he can kiss me back. "There. Now drink the slushie."

He grins and grabs my hand as we both turn to the screen, but I pull away, fully intending on eating the whole bucket of popcorn.

a/n ~
Another short chapter, another prompt :P
                                              ~ a waffle

a/n ~ Another short chapter, another prompt :P                                              ~ a waffle