[14] I'm sorry.

He stares at me like he didn't hear me right

"Yes?" He laughs nervously.

I nod. "Yeah. You heard me." I say, regretting it instantly. But I need to forget  about Archer. This is one way to do it, I guess.

He throws his arm over my shoulder.

"Where's your next class?" He asks.

"Science."

"I have gym. I'll walk you there."

"Gym is on the other side of school. And science is upstairs."

"So?"

"You don't need to walk me anywhere. I've been walking since I was two." I retort.

"Oooh. Sass." I slap his arm and he laughs. I didn't mean it to be playful. I don't say anything.

"Bye, then." I say, desperate to be alone. Or at least away from him.

I can't believe I just said yes to him.

So, he's my...

My boyfriend?

Ew.

I don't like him. I mean, he's okay, but I wouldn't date him.

But I am dating him!

What have I gotten myself into?

I shake my head violently and stalk to science.
_________

When the bus finally stops at my house, I run into my house, not even saying hi to mom (who was the one who opened the door for me) and run upstairs. I need sleep.

This has been a dramatic day and I want it to end.

I don't feel like crying or screaming, even though what happened today has left me sad, angry, confused and heartbroken.

I just want to think everything over rationally.

You know, figure things out, come up with solutions, throw myself out the window-

Okay, maybe not the last one. But I'm still considering it.

Why would I say yes? I'm so stupid. I need to stop acting on my instincts. They suck.

Why would I think dating Brandon would make Archer jealous? What is wrong with me? He's dating Bree. So why would he be jealous? I'm not the one dating him.

And where did the Bree and Archer OTP come from? When did this all happen? I've never even seen Bree and Archer have a conversation. There has to be something I missed. Maybe they were internet friends or something? Maybe they're neighbors and they have houses right next to each other. Maybe his window is across from hers like in Everything Everything. Maybe he makes her laugh every morning before they go to school. Maybe they walk together. Maybe I'm ready to strangle the person closest to me.