[19] the list, part two

I enter my combination in my locker, grabbing my Spanish binder and tossing it in my bag

Whenever I see my locker, I kind of get mad at it. It now holds the memory of Bree announcing that she was dating Archer. I still can't get over it.

I can't over the fact that she pretty much blackmailed him. Like, who does that?

And why, of all people, would Bree have a crush on me? Was it because we used to be friends?

Were we even ever actual friends? Weren't we just gossip exchanging girls?

Aside from that, there's something I'm really nervous about.

I know Bree doesn't like me anymore. I think she's moved on.

And that's totally great, I never really cared anyway.

But I think she's moved on to Archer.

She's always staring at him from across the lunchroom. She's always whispering to her friends when he walks by. Maybe she enjoyed the two weeks of fake dating.

I really, really hope she didn't.

It makes me really nervous when I think about her dating him, without force.

But wait, why would Archer even date her?

Wow, I can't believe that's the first time I thought of that.

I'm a pathetic child.

I sit down and stare at the board, ready for precisely forty-two minutes of negative thoughts and silent threats to this boring class.
_________

Before English, I stop at my locker and throw my binder in, grabbing my English notebook and my other binder.

I hold it against my chest and slam my locker.

That's an annoying habit I have. I always hold my binders against me, like they're precious and I'm cradling them, when I really just want to toss them in a bonfire and watch them burn to ashes.

Sorry, too dark?

Anyway, I walk to English by myself.

I hold my breath as I pass Kit's locker. Sometimes her friends are there, sometimes they're not.

I look up. Just Kit.