[bonus chapter] - archer the archer

(Five months later, September 25th)                             ______________________

          ______________________

"Come on, just do it!"

"I don't want to! It's stupid!"

"Who cares?" I roll my eyes. "Do it for me?"

I hear a sigh, and then the door opens. I squeal and jump up and down like a kid as Archer scowls at me, plucking the bow and arrow.

"You're a literal archer," I say excitedly, pointing at him. "How do you feel?"

"Violated," he answers seriously, looking down at himself. The brown hood droops over and hides his eyes. "I look like a freaking idiot."

I just shake my head as he walks around in a circle, glaring at his sneakers, the only normal thing about him right now.

"Be quiet, you're rocking it." I say, holding up my hand for a high five. He doesn't accept it.

I lower my hand. He's pouting."Stop being a drama queen." I groan, getting up from the uncomfortable chair. "Besides, you look awesome." He straightens up a bit and grins.

"I do?"

"Yep." I smile. "Thanks for putting up with me." I press a kiss to his cheek.

"It's my pleasure." He bows. The arrows fall out of the plastic barrel. I laugh and pick them up, shoving them back in.

"You're too adorable." He grins.

"I know, right?" He says enthusiastically.

"Uh...that's when you say thank you." I say, snorting.

"You're welcome." He says.

"You're impossible."

"Love you too!"

"Quit quoting Percy Jackson," I say, glaring playfully at him. " You're gonna make me fangirl."

"It's so easy to make you fangirl. I just won't speak, then."

"Good idea."

"Wait, do you have a crush on Percy?"

"Please, who doesn't?"

"Me."

"Well, you're straight."

"How do you know?"

"Were dating, you idiot," I remark, punching his chest. He holds his hand to his heart and scoffs in mock offense.

"Just so you know, I'm offended."

"Good." He rolls his eyes and frowns at me playfully. 

"You know you're really sassy, right?" I just nod and walk forward, closing any space that was between us and wrapping my arms around him. After a moment he pulls away and looks at me strangely, grinning.

"What was that for?" I shrug and turn around, walking inside the fitting room and picking up the bag the costume was in.

"I don't know. You look huggable right now." He laughs and holds his arms out in a grand gesture, and I notice the sleeves are too big. I snicker and hide it with a grin as he turns around, back into the fitting room.
                                  ____________

He pulls the curtain away grandly and steps outside, now in his normal clothes.

"Ready?" I nod, and we walk to the register.

I lean my head against his chest as the line shortens gradually, and he hugs me with one arm, the other holding the costume.

"Halloween is in exactly one week and three days," I grin, spinning around to look at him. He laughs.

"You're weird."

"Thanks."

"It's always better to start planning earlier," I say as I pull out of his grip. The line ends and I place the bag on the table, smiling at the girl who scans it. She smiles back and pushes a strand of black hair away from her face.

"Alright, that'll be $29.99, please," she says quickly, probably nervous about the huge line and wanting to go home as soon as possible. I totally understand. My job at Taco Bell (yes I work at Taco Bell, fight me) totally sucks sometimes. But I get paid, so boo hoo.

"You're not paying right?" Archer asks me, moving in front of me and pulling out his wallet. I shake my head and laugh.

"Hell no. This is your costume, butthead." He just laughs and pays.

She smiles at us one more time before we walk out and into his mom's car (which is ours for the rest of the day.)

"Where to now?" He asks once we get in. I shrug and pull my seatbelt on, looking up at him as he starts the car.

"Pizza?"

He grins. "It's a date."
____________________________
I'm sorry but I couldn't stay away from this  story! I missed them and it's only been like three days. ;-;
Also, sorry it's short, and sorry it's past Halloween lol. I had actually written the idea of this in August before I was even close to finishing the actual story hehe.
*also also...I'm gonna edit this again and republish it when I do so, I'm just so desperate to publish stuff on here because this book is my child and I love it too much.