[16] let me explain

I'm out of the A-Squad

Finally.

I mean, that's what I automatically think.

But part of me, I have to admit, is kind of confused. Who am I, really? I don't have to wear what they wear, do what they do, talk how they talk. Actually, if you think about it, I'm free from Kit's reign and her army.

This is good. This is what I've wanted since like, sixth grade, but I didn't want to get out myself. Now that I've annoyed Kit for the final time, I'm finally free to be myself.

And who is that, exactly?

Well, I like reading. That's one thing. And I like Converse. I like shorts that aren't too short.

Hold on, I should make a list.

That wasn't sarcasm. I'm actually getting paper right now.

Okay. First thing; reading. Second; Converse.

Third; ....that's stupid.

That's a really short list.

I crumple it up into a ball and throw it.

It's been two weeks since Archer and I have had a conversation, texted or FaceTimed. And I feel really lonely.

I still haven't figured out how to break up with Brandon. Should I just tell him? Should I text him? No, breakups over text are brutal.

But then I'll be super lonely. I will have no one to talk to. No friends whatsoever. I can't even sit with Nikki anymore. But then again, she was never a friend. I used to have Bree, then I kind of had Nikki, and then I had Archer, the only one I could fully depend on.

Then he started dating Bree.

When I think about that, I end up staring at nothing for a few minutes, not even thinking. Just staring, like I'm waiting for it not to be true.

Ping!

I roll over on my bed and start the search for my phone.

This time it was under my bed.

I turn it on. It's from....Archer.

Surprise surprise!

Archer: Ken, we really need to talk. I know you've been avoiding me.

Woah, that's a very well developed sentence for text. He even used punctuation.

And wow, a very developed thought, Archer. Probably took him a week to come up with.