[ bonus chapter ] - the anniversary

"Well, it's that time of the year again," I say to myself, grabbing a box of tissues before heading to the ice cream section

Archer comes up from behind me. "You're on your period?"

I turn around and glare at him. "Archer, I don't have periods once a year." He shrugs, following me to the freezers.

"I apologize for not listening in health class three years ago."

"It's okay."

He sighs and quickens his pace so he's walking next to me. "What's happening, then?"

I grab two pints of Cherry Garcia and turn to him. "You want s'mores?" He nods, looking at me expectantly. "Ugh, okay, fine. It's the three year anniversary of One Direction breaking up," I pause, and he seems uninterested. "So I'm going to watch all their interviews, music videos and performances and cry while eating two pints of ice cream."

He raises his eyebrows. "How quirky of you. Am I involved in this?"

"Of course you're not." I shut the freezer door and turn around. "Strictly Directioners only."

He laughs. "So I'm guessing no one else is coming?"

"Exactly."

He snorts, following me to the check-out. "That's depressing. But I was thinking you could come over to mine and we could...watch a movie or something?" He rubs the back of his neck. "That sounds more fun."

I can't help but grin at him. Even though we've been together for more than a year now, he still acts nervous when he asks me to come over. It's actually kind of adorable.

I smile and poke his cheek. "You're cute."

He scowls and swats my hand away. "I know, I know. You don't need to point it out."

I grin. "Whatever."

Lately my life has been...more than I could ever ask for. I have an awesome job as a waitress in the little diner near my house (I gave up my job at Taco Bell, but only because I saw a rat in the toilet, which wasn't exactly sanitary) an amazing boyfriend, a college in mind, and pretty good grades. It's more than I ever thought I could want.

And I'm unbelievable happy. Sure, the thought of college is scary, but I don't care. When it comes, I know I'll be ready, and Archer will be right by my side (and when he can't be there, he'll be a few miles away in a state college with his undecided ass.) I mean, there's nothing wrong with not knowing what you want to do, but...eh, I don't know.

"Hey you," I feel a poke on my forehead and roll my eyes. "Stop thinking about later."

I scowl. "I wasn't-"

"Yes you were."

"No I wasn't!"

"Yes you wereeee!" He says back, drawing on the 'e' like a little kid. "Come on, I know you."