19: Aaliyah's Point Of View

Aaliyah Rose

Ferbury 20th, 1991

College Campus
🌙

Devante, Dalvin, JoJo and K-Ci had to do something. And they wouldnt tell me so it was going to be a week or 2 for them to come back. And I was stuck in the house with Elizabeth and her son Dexter. ANYWAYSSSSSSSSSSSSS I just park my car and I lock my car and I was walking to my first class and I hear someone calling my name and it was Khalil and I didnt want to see him at all.

I try my best to stay away from him. Like I couldnt believe that he would kiss me knowing I have a boyfriend. So it was just weird between us. I didnt know what he was going to do next.

"Liyah, wait up!" Khalil was running and I just stop so he can stop calling my name out. "What Khalil." I turn around with attuide. These mood swings were killing me. "Look, it been about 2 weeks since that happen. And I have been trying to talk too you. So can we talk in private?" Khalil ask me. "No, I got class in 3 minutes. Can this wait?" I ask him. "Do you have another class after that?" Khalil ask me. "Yes, I have two more classes after that. Look, when I get out of my last class I will stop by okay." I told him before he walked off. "Okay." Khalil said.

-

Knock Knock

Khalil open his door "Come in." Khalil said. He move out of the way and I thank him and he close the door after me. "Look Aaliyah, im sorry about what I did. I just cant help it." Khalil said. "I really have hard feelings for you. You are sent from heaven. Everything I look for in a girl." Khalil said telling me all of these nice things. "Yeah, I know you are with Devante and I dont care. I cant help what I feel about you Aaliyah. You are on my mind all day and all night. I want you in my arms. I want to show you off to everyone. But I cant." Khalil said.

A single tear had fallen against my cheek. Khalil look at me and wipe off the single tear on my cheek. "I didnt know, you felt that way about me." I told him. "Yeah, I would be the luckiest guy in the world, if you was ever my girl." Khalil said.

"This is so sweet Khalil, but I love Devante dearly. He ask me to marry him Khalil." I told him. If looks could kill I would be 6 feet under because the look he gave me broke my heart. His eyes started to water. And tears were coming down. I pulled him into a hug and he just cried on my shoulder. I just felt so bad. He felt this way about me knowing im with Donald.

We pulled from the hug and I wipe the tears off his face. "I probably look like a bitch crying." Khalil joked. "No, its okay to cry Khalil. Everyone deserves to cry once in a while Khalil." I told him. He just nodded his head. "So what now?" I ask him. "I dont know, I just need time I guess." Khalil told me. I nodded my head and I understood. If I was in his shoes I would need time also. "I see you around Aaliyah." Khalil told me. "Okay, be safe." I gave him a hug and he kiss my cheek.

-

I was going to the kitchen I pour me a drink of blood and drunk it. It was weird at first but I gotten use to it and I was going to get whatever that was in the fridge. I cook some leftover food last night. My mind was on Devante. I was worried about him. Like what the hell is he doing?

"You worried about Donald?" Elizabeth ask me. I rolled my eyes before turning around facing her. "Yeah." I told her. "Its okay, Donald is a strong man. He can protect himself." Elizabeth told me. I just nodded my head. I really dont like her. And she can probably sense it. And I really dont care. I dont trust her one bit.

"I know you dont trust me. And its okay. " Elizabeth mention. I just look at her before going upstairs to my room. I just close the door.

My phone was ringing and I answer it and it was Donald.

"Hey baby." I smiled. "Hey baby girl, what you doing?" Devante ask me. "I just got back from my classes. Im just in my room eating." I told him. "Well I hope you had a great day in class.
Devante said. "Its was something." I told him. "What happen?" Devante ask me. "I will tell you when you get back, when are you coming back anyways?" I ask him. "In a couple hours. And I will explain everything okay. Love you." Devante said. "I love you too donald." I told him and I knew he was smiling. "Keep the bed warm for me okay." Devante said. "Okay, you got a surpised waiting on you, when you get back." I said. "Bruhh yall two need to get a damn room!" Dalvin yelled. We both laugh. "I see you in a couple hours." Devante said before ending the call.

Knock Knock

"Come in." I said I look up and it was Dexter. "Hey Aaliyah, you need anything?" Dexter ask me. "No, im good. Thanks for asking Dexter." I told him . He nodded his head. "Something on your mind?" I ask him. "Its probably written all over my face." Dexter said. "Yeah. So what's up?" I ask him.

He was telling me everything that was on his mind. And I thought it was cool that he trust me enough to tell me somethings that he havent told his mom. He did ask what his father was like. And I knew that bad boy act wasnt real. He wanted his father in his life so bad.

"Well your dad, is here now. He really want to make up the time that he missed." I told him. "Really?" Dexter ask me. "Yeah, but you keep on giving him a hard time." I told him. "Yeah, I just cant help it. I got this wall bulid up." Dexter told me. "Trust me. I understand. You dont have to explain yourself to me." I grab his hand and he look at me and smile. "Thanks for letting me talk too you." Dexter told me."No problem, I'm always here if you ever need to talk." I told him. He nodded his head and the door open and it was Devante.

"Hey Devante." I got up and gave him a kiss and a hug. "Hey. Wassup Dexter." Devante said. "nothing dad, I had a great time talking to Aaliyah. I will see you later pops." Dexter said before leaving. Devante gave me a confused look. "He just needed to talk babe, he had a lot to say." I told him.

"So what happen on campus today?" Devante took off his jacket and glasses. "I talk to khalil." I said and Devante stop and he was getting mad. "Why?" Devante ask me. "Because we needed to clear the air. " I told him. "So what happen?" Devante ask me once more. "He told me how he felt about me, and I told him that I love you and I'm going to be marrying you pretty soon. So he told me that he needed time to think. So we are not friends right now." I told him.

"Damn, he really like you huh?" Devante ask me and it seem like he felt bad, but he wasnt going to say it. "Yeah, but I think he was in love with me. The things he said made me cry." I told him. "But why were you and the others gone for a whole 2 weeks." I change the subject.

"Every few years me and the guys will have a guys trip." Devante said. I look at him and I knew he was lying. I look at him crazy. "A guys trip? Do you think im crazy? Yall didnt even pack anything. Why lie? I can handle it donald." I told him

"You wouldnt understand." Devante told me. "Try me." I told him.