5 ; troubles of a broom closet

SECURE — CHAPTER 5

[ Remus could annoyingly hear the words bouncing around in his head again, 'Honestly I'd probably have fallen for you.' ]

⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺

⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺

"Well if it isn't Loopy Lupin and Kit Kat! Out for a bit of a late-night stroll are we?" A high pitched voice echoed over the empty hall, startling the two lone occupants of the floor.

Katie and Remus turned their heads every which way, attempting to locate the origin of the loud squeals. There wasn't a person in sight.

"Yoo hoo! Up here!" Lifting their heads to look directly above them, they found the unmistakable figure of Peeves hovering above them, a mischievous glint in his eye.

Remus sighed. "Why don't you go bugger off, Peeves," He said exasperatedly, sending the ghost-like figure an annoyed glare. James and Sirius may have gotten along well with the poltergeist, but their relationship was less than harmonious.

"Ohh, Lollypop wants some alonee time with Kitty," Peeves gasped, popping his mouth and widening his eyes sarcastically. Slowly, a long, cheshire-like smile etched its way onto his face. "Well, Peeves can help with that!"

In a moment, a small pop echoed over the hallway and he was gone. Katherine and Remus turned to each other with raised eyebrows. Behind Remus, a door suddenly opened, slowly ... slowly. Katie tilted her head in confusion. Remus was just beginning to turn to see what she had been staring at when they were both knocked through the door in a loud crash.

The lights went dark, and a shrill giggle was all they heard before their instincts began to kick in once again.

A multitude of cube boxes and oddly-shaped objects cluttered the ground around them, leaving very little floor space for the two to land comfortably on. Remus was too caught up with figuring out what was poking painfully at his side that it took him a couple takes to notice the small body wriggling and squealing underneath him.

Now with slightly more comprehension of the situation, he could feel her warm breath tickling his lips, her nose an inch from his, and the loud beating of his heart ringing in his ears.

"Rem, as much as I love being close to you, I'm almost positive my lungs might stop working if you don't move."

Remus cleared his throat. "Right." He carefully untangled his limbs from Katie's and carefully stepped around the clutter of objects around him. He reached an arm down and made sure her hand was firmly wrapped around his before tugging her upwards.