27 ; hogsmeade pt. 1

SECURE — CHAPTER 27

[ "Really?" Rosmerta let out a breath that sounded more like a laugh, her voice filled with disbelief. "The way that boy talks about you I would've thought .." she cut off when she saw the look on Remus' face. ]

⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺

⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺

The bitter, winter air swept through the remaining brown hair that flowed out from under her beanie as specs of white snow landed peacefully on her face and on the tips of her nose. It was yet again the time for a day at Hogsmeade, a day that the Marauders still cherished despite their ability to visit the village anytime they'd pleased with James' invisibility cloak.

With all the hecticness of whatever secrets her mother held, Katie had long forgotten about Hogsmeade until Lily brought it to her attention the day before.

"Wormtail, if you don't hurry up, I will personally carry you on my back myself. We have places to go, things to do, people to talk to, my dear Peter. We musn't lag! Onward!" James practically skipped through the snow, tripping slightly and kicking snow behind him. The snow hit Katie and Sirius, creating a layer of white specs on their clothing.

Katie dusted snow off of herself, before looking at Sirius and chuckling. "You've got a little something over—," she paused, waving her hands at Sirius' body, "there."

Sirius took a look at himself before wrinkling his nose at her teasingly. "Yeah, and you look like a snow woman. Got the height of one too," he snorted.

Katie merely rolled her eyes, giving her wand a flick and hitting Sirius square in the face with a smothering of snow.

"Oi! That's not very nice!"

At the same time, Remus was struggling to keep up with James, yelling from behind him. "Prongs, do shut up about Rosmerta for one second, I'm sure you'll still be able to flirt with her even if we're two minutes over 11 A.M."

James and Lily both spoke up at that, James' response just a second behind Lily's.

"Who's Rosmerta?"

"Oi! Moony, I do not flirt."

Katie looked at Sirius and Peter, since all three of them were straggling behind the group. "So who's gonna do us all a favor and tell them to shut up?"

"And ruin the fun? Katie I thought you knew better than that," Sirius replied, slinging an arm around both of his shorter counterparts. "You're both so tiny." He mussed their hair, being a little more gentle with Katie's because of the beanie she had on.