Nice to see you

I didn't bother even looking at Karsen as I climbed out of the back seat of Kidd's car. I slammed the door and stood in the middle of Henry Park with my arms crossed.

Slade shut his door and leaned into the Kidd's driver-side window. "Thanks buddy. See you in a bit."

Slade took my hand leading me to the Rv. I wondered if anyone was home. If I was going to see Lucy or Erica, I hadn't seen anyone in a long time. I wondered how Lucy was doing since I left, or if she was willing to share any witchy secrets with me.

Slade turned the knob pushing the door open. I looked around as soon as I stepped inside. It was dark and empty. Old plates scattered on the table, dishes in the sink. The stale smell of cigarettes hung in the air. "Where is everyone?"

Slade pulled the door shut before he answered. "Lucy got a house while you were away." He slid into the seat around the table. "Kidd, Erica, Oz and Lucy all moved out a while ago."

"What about you," I asked, taking a seat across from him. I wondered why he was still living in the rv.

"What about me," Slade asked back. He dropped his hands to the table, giving me a look. The kind that said I really don't get you. As if I should just understand why he was now alone with the rv and his family was living happily in a house.

"They just left you here?"

"They didn't leave me. I don't know if you know this, but I was in jail for a week." He smirked.

I sighed, looking away from his penetrating gaze. His eyes made my heart beat right out of my chest. I pushed my hair out of my eyes. Slade worked himself out of the seat. His fingertips tugged my face to him.

"Are you upset I wasn't there when you got home?" he asked. I stood up, working my way underneath his muscular arms. He drew them around me and squeezed me tight, his chin rested on the top of my head.

School took me away from Slade for too long—much too long. Now all I wanted was the contact more than anything. Hearing his voice almost every day for months, but never having him next to me was tough—especially not knowing why he never cared to visit.

I shook my head. "No, I'm not mad. After everything Tucker put me through last year how could I be?"

"So kiss me." He moved in, his lips searing into mine. He drug his shirt over his head, his lips leaving mine for mere seconds. Slade slid his fingers through my hair, guiding my head every way he saw fit; his tongue trailed against my mouth. He smiled at the soft moan that escaped my lips and gently bit my bottom lip.

His fingers dug into my sides. The pressure of his fingertips gave me pleasant goose bumps as his fingers gripped flesh. He worked his thumbs back and forth across my waist, to my navel, and hit every slight indent of my ribcage. "You're even hotter than the last time I seen you."

I smiled pleased he was complimenting me. It was nice and not something Slade did a lot, even to me, his girl...friend, if he even considered me that. I figured he did seeing I was the only girl he talked to. Even Kidd referred to me as his girl. And not a lot of guys told you they loved you. Although he only said it once, and we never talked about love again. "So are you," I murmured, trailing my hands down the length of his chest, to his abdomen, and they vanished. Slade's reaction told me my journey lower was welcomed. He steered me toward the hallway that led to his bedroom. I kept up with his kisses.

He fumbled with the doorknob shoving the door open and kicking it out of the way. We fell on his bed. Our bodies bouncing against the force, Slade crawled on top of me. I bit my lip, the sight of his body doing all kinds of crazy things to me.