Bonfire

I cut the shower off, grabbing the towel from the rack and stepped out. I dried myself off and threw on my shorts and purple t-shirt. I swiped the mirror to clear the haze, all of a sudden I felt compelled to try magic. If I ever was going to feel less small around Audrey or anyone with powers I would have to learn how to control my own powers.

I shook my hands, turning my head from side to side, whatever witches did before they cast a spell, I wasn't sure. For me, there weren't any spells involved. I thought about what it was I wanted to do, and sometimes it happened.

I took a deep breath, and exhaled, envisioning the mirror clear. I gave it a look and was saddened to see the condensation still clinging.

"Okay, clear the mirror," I said. I squinted my eyes, as if that was supposed to throw magic all over the bathroom, but got nothing. "Clear the mirror." This time I said it loud and with a lot of enthusiasm. The mirror shattered, spilling shards of glass all over the place.

I shook my head, irritated. There was a knock on the door.

"I'm fine," I told whoever was on the other side.

"Shattered glass is never fine," Karsen said from the other side.

I unlocked the door. She stepped inside staring at the mess. She whistled. "Your dad is going to kill you."

I ignored her assumption heading to the kitchen for a broom and dustpan.

"Well, now that I know you weren't in there wreaking havoc, are you going to the bonfire?" She asked. She took an apple from the fruit basket on the counter. Dad never liked fruit, it was just another indication Lynette was still around. I pushed that aside and dealt with the now.

"I didn't know about any bonfire." I started down the hall. Was I out of the loop about everything happening anymore?

"They are having a bonfire on the beach. Even Erica is going to be there." Karsen told me. "Although, I am not sure about Lucy, did I tell you I like her. She's a great lady."

I nodded, agreeing with her. I used to enjoy Lucy. But, now I didn't see her since Slade was hanging solo in the tour bus. This was another thing I wanted to talk to him when we were alone—without our lips connected together.

"Lucy is great." I admitted. "Did Kidd say anyone else was going to be there?"

Karsen raised an eyebrow confused. "Such as who...Slade?"

I shook my head. "Audrey."

"Audrey... doesn't ring a bell, who is that?" Karsen grabbed the dustpan, holding her apple in her free hand, helping me gather the glass. "Is this the reason you're in such a foul mood?"

I glared at her. "Why do you say that?" Why did she always assume I was in a bad mood? I reminded myself I was glaring at her and realized it was easy for her to assume.

Karsen concentrated on the glass trying to avoid talking about it anymore. "I didn't say anything. You seem different is all."

"I just broke the mirror. I am hearing from you about a bonfire my so-called boyfriend didn't tell me about. What should I act like?" I frowned.

Karsen left, walking the dustpan to the trash can in the kitchen. Seconds later I heard the rattle of glass falling into the trash can.

She returned. "Is there something you want to talk to me about? Is there anything on your mind?" Karsen rested the dustpan on the sink giving me her full attention. "You don't seem yourself."