twenty | aim for the head

As all of the heroes looked around them, waiting for Thanos to show, a blue electrical portal cloud opens up behind all of them revealing Thanos himself

As all of the heroes looked around them, waiting for Thanos to show, a blue electrical portal cloud opens up behind all of them revealing Thanos himself. "Cap. That's him." Ingrid heard Banner say causing Cap to get his shield up and started heading towards Thanos.

"Eyes up. Stay sharp." Ingrid was about to run to fight Thanos but as she looked at the two lovers behind her, she stayed put as the last line of defense. She watched as Banner was phased through Thanos and into the rock behind him. Hero after hero fell, each one being pushed aside with the Infinity Stones. Ingrid turned and looked at the red beam of energy Wanda was blasting into the stone. The ultimate sacrifice.

Ingrid watched as Steve punched Thanos and held back his hand, only to be punched to the floor and knocked out. This was it. After seeing him defeat all of the people possibly just a strong as she was, she knew she wouldn't be able to defend them for more than a few seconds. But everything counted.

Ingrid slid along the ground and brought her sword down on his legs before she prepared to stab him, but it was useless. With the infinity stones, she was levitated aside and shoved into a tree causing her head to smash onto the bark and her to fall onto the dirt. She looked up and watched at how Wanda blasted energy towards Thanos, making him pause for a moment and fight against it, his stone being destroyed right in front of his eyes.

As the stone cracked, a blast of yellow energy was sent throughout the area causing Ingrid to be shoved closer to the ground. "I understand, my child. Better than anyone." It disgusted Ingrid to see Thanos trying to convey empathy with a woman who was just made to kill the love of her life so she could save half the universe. "You could never."

"Today, I lost more then you can know. But now is no time to mourn. Now... is no time at all." Ingrid watched in horror as he began reversing the effects of what happened moments ago.

"No!" Ingrid and Wanda yelled out as Vision reappeared with the Mind Stone intact and embedded in his head. Wanda was slapped away as Thanos picked Vision by the throat, ripping the mind stone out of his head and placing it in the empty spot in his gauntlet. They had lost. He had gotten what he wanted. But just as all hope was lost, Thor blasted him with Lightning and threw Storm Breaker into Thanos' chest.

"I told you...You'd die for that." Ingrid watched as Thor shoved the axe further into his chest causing the purple man to gasp out in pain. Maybe, they hadn't lost. Maybe, just maybe, they had defeated him before he could cause any more damage.

"You should have... You... You should have gone for the head!" As Thanos clicked his fingers, Thor yelled out as light blasted around them. But as the light vanished seconds later, Thanos' glove was rusted and melted.

"What did you do? What did you do?!" Thanos quickly vanished through a portal causing Ingrid to get up and stumble towards Thor. "Where did he go? Thor...Where did he go?" Steve came up next to Thor, clutching his side

"Steve?" The three looked towards bucky who quickly vanished into a pile of ashes. Ingrid quickly looked at Thor with wide eyes before launching herself into his arms. Thanos had succeeded and Ingrid didn't want either one to disappear without a form of goodbye, but as she lost feeling in her foot, she knew that she was one of the unlucky ones.

"Thor, I love you." Ingrid fell to the floor and just like that she was gone. Nothing but a pile of ashes. Tears gathered in Thor's eyes as he stared at the spot where Ingrid once stood, he couldn't even hear the screaming and crying from others around him. He had nothing.

"Ingrid! Ingrid!" Thor knelt down to his knees and touched her ashes as he tried to feel her warmth one last time. But he wouldn't she was gone and Thanos had won. Thanos had taken away the last person that he loved in his life.

Thor felt the emptiness in himself try to consume him, but in his sadness, he felt rage. He was going to kill Thanos. He was going to make him bring her back to him. Bring back his Ingrid. The one who was enraged when she learned his family name. The one who shared his flirtatious banter on Sakaar. The one who hugged him so tight on the Guardians ship. And the one who had just died in his arms.

T'Challa, Bucky, Sam, Groot, Wanda, Ingrid.

They would all be Avenged.

That's a wrap, people. Wow, so I guess this is it. I can't believe we now have to wait 11 months until the next one. Also, I need to know if Shuri, Ant-Man, Hawkeye, and Korg survive this culling like come on, Marvel. Oh well, I had to rewatch all of those death scenes again and Jesus Christ does Peter Parker get me every fucking time like shit man.

Alrighty now, I will hopefully see you all next year. Bye!

Thanks, Queenie.

(EDITED)