1.

Although dating for 4 years, Kim Seokjin and Kim Namjoon weren't ready to have a kid for many reasons:

1. Model and photographer duo, the couple met at a local shoot while Namjoon and Jin were both interns. Namjoon asked Jin to be his model; later his boyfriend, and they were both still fighting for a bit of fame in both competitive careers.

2. Jin was still working part-time as a chef at a coffee shop to keep their income steady, and neither had much spare time. 

3. Their two-bedroom apartment was an almost impossible environment

4. They were both collectively as clumsy and responsible as a 5-year-old.

However, apart from all those reasons, the two still found themselves with a kid; of some sorts.

"Hey hey, Jimin. It's ok, it's not your fault." Jin repeated to the crying mess on the kitchen floor. "Joonie has cleaned up all the broken pieces, see?"

"But I still broke a plate!" Jimin, who almost had it together broke down again, tears streaming down his face as he wailed.

"And it's ok! Those plates were cheap anyway! And who even needs 10 of them, we never have friends come over anyway!" Jin tried to cheer Jimin up, smiling down at him as he rubbed his back.

However, this caused the younger to only spiral further. 

"We never have friends come over anyway!" He repeated as if he was just realising this fact. "Because you don't have friends. And I don't have friends. Because nobody like me!"

"That's not true! I'm your friend and I like you." Namjoon suddenly appeared, trying to take the responsibility of Jimin off of an already tired Jin.

Jimin scowled at him, "Daddies don't count."

Namjoon held out his hand which Jimin tentatively took, then helped Jin up too. "Well I count you as my friend, and I think you should be going to bed."

Jimin suddenly remembered the main issue at hand again. "Going to bed already? It's because I broke the plate, isn't it? You guys don't want me here because I'm silly and broke the-"

"No it's because it's 11:30 pm and you have a class tomorrow," Namjoon ordered as he directed Jimin by the hand out of their kitchen and down the hallway to his bedroom. Collectively, Jin and Namjoon helped a complaining Jimin into pyjamas and tucked him under his pastel blue sheets.

"Jimin remember we love you very much, no matter if you do silly things sometimes," Namjoon said, rubbing Jimin's blonde hair. "Right Jin?"

To the sound of his name, he opened his eye from where he was almost asleep on the bed too, "Huh- Oh yes! Good night Jimin."

Jimin didn't respond to his goodnight, only gave a tiny smile below eyes that drifted between closed and open. "good night kisses."

Jin smiled at Jimin's demand for their nightly ritual and kissed his forehead as Namjoon stroked his hair, flicking off the light. 

Any onlooker who saw this would think it was the strangest relationship ever, and at first Namjoon and Jin thought the same. It still is weird at times to be a parent figure to a 21-year-old. But Jin and Namjoon really did love Jimin, and they wouldn't know what Jimin would do without them, financially and also in terms of looking after himself. He had come all the way from Busan to Incheon to go to Uni and was rooming with a bunch of college junkies when Jin met him at their work.  

Namjoon watched from their bed as Jin changed into his pyjamas; he sighed as he struggled to button up his pyjama top, a permanent frown across his face. "Babe, you ok?"

From his words, Jin looked at his boyfriend and smiled. "Oh, I'm fine. I just am tired that's all."

He walked over and flopped down on the bed, head buried in his pillow. Namjoon laid down next to him, twirling patterns into his back. "Just tired?"

Jin turned and faced his boyfriend, "Look, I love Jimin, but he's been getting more how should I say this...intense lately? I don't know I feel bad saying it but he's been going into little space a lot more often and it's always for a negative reason like to cry or have a tantrum."

Jin pouted, running out of words to explain his thoughts, and Namjoon kissed his pout. Jin buried his face in his pillow again, pretending to be annoyed but really he was just trying to hide his blush.

"He is just stressed that's all, it's coming up to finals and then he will have finished his degree. He probably doesn't know what he wants to do after that," Namjoon assured, "Sometimes it's hard being a parent. Especially when your 23. And when your son is 21."