15.

Jimin had been scrolling through his phone for a while now; lying on the couch on his tummy as he swung his legs back and forth in the air. Every now and then he would glance up at Yoongi who was cooking dinner behind the counter. He liked watching the elder cook; humming to whatever tune and dancing to whatever beat was on the radio as he chopped and stirred. Yoongi looked up suddenly, meeting Jimin's eyes and smiling, "What are you looking at?"

"You dancing," Jimin answered to which Yoongi's mouth twitched into a grin as he gave a slight laugh, his swaying becoming slightly more subtle. Jimin was now sitting on his knees, backwards on the couch, hands puffing up his cheeks and elbows resting on the back of the couch as he leant over it, intrigued, "What are you cooking?"

"Why don't you come over and see?" Yoongi asked so Jimin got up and walked into the kitchen area, where he saw Yoongi had cooked some beef and was steaming some vegetables.

"Looks delicious," Jimin commented.

Yoongi walked over to the cabinet, looking through the herbs and spices, "Hey, I think the vegetables would be done by now, can you do me a favour and take them out please."

"Sure thing," Jimin grabbed a spare bowl and began pouring the contents in, watching Yoongi mumble the words to some rap song, to which Jimin raised a curious eyebrow, "You know this rap song?"

"Every single word," Yoongi said before going back to the lines, slightly exaggerating it now as he broke out into some overly lame moves; the jar of oregano in his hand not helping him exude the edgy feel he was going for.

"You like rap?" Jimin asked.

"Love it," Yoongi replied.

Jimin nodded, he really didn't think that someone who seemed to be so serious about music that he brought his goddamn piano to the apartment would be a fan of rap. "What about you? Like it."

"Uhhhh," Jimin thought, "It's ok I guess, never really listened to it."

Yoongi narrowed his eyes at Jimin for a second, before shrugging and turning back around to reorganise the shelf, "Plenty of time to listen to it."

Maybe Yoongi was right, so Jimin tried to focus on the music, the beat and the words but because of this he had seemed to forget about the bowl in his hand and the boiling water under it, wincing at a hot pain that covered his hand as he looked over to see the bowl dropped into the pot, where his hand was still held out idly above it as if he hadn't quite registered what had happened.

"Jimin? What was tha-" Yoongi turned around to see the mess that had been caused, "Oh fuck."

He ran over to Jimin and took his hand away from the stove, "Shit, you've burnt yourself."

Jimin could barely process what was happening as Yoongi grabbed his wrist and dragged him over to the sink, pulling his hand under a stream of cool water. His hand suddenly changed from numbness to a cold sting as he yelped and tried to yank his hand back against Yoongi's constraint, "Stop daddy it hurts!"

Yoongi nearly choked.

He loosened his grip on the younger's wrist instinctively and tried to say something, anything to pretend as if he hadn't heard the younger just call him that. "Um, just h-hold your hand there until it stops hurting and then just uh, go and sit on the couch; I'll clean everything up ok!"

Jimin watched his hand intensely as he heard Yoongi walk away, hoping, just hoping that he had never actually said that, that it was all in his head, that there was no way that he had just called Yoongi daddy.

After a while he took himself over to the couch like he had been instructed too and tried to distract himself from both the pain of his hand and the thick atmosphere of awkwardness that had set in the room by scrolling through Instagram. His eyes set on a new post at the top of his feed:

Kim_Namjoon:

314 likesKim_Namjoon: New collection guys: "My boyfriend being perfect for 3 days straight" 💘💖2 hours ago

314 likes
Kim_Namjoon: New collection guys: "My boyfriend being perfect for 3 days straight" 💘💖
2 hours ago

And at this Jimin wanted to cry. So he did.

He just couldn't handle how much Namjoon and Jin were so stupidly in love with each other while he was over here burning himself and accidentally calling his crush daddy.

He sat up and shook his head at what he had just thought. Yoongi was not his crush. A crush is what you'd label it if you were 12 years old, and Jimin remembered he was almost double that. It was times like this he wished he wasn't, that it was ok to call it a crush, it was ok to cry, and it was ok to want to be looked after. But this wish always ended in tears and making mistakes like calling Yoongi daddy.

"Why are you sad? Does it still hurt?" He jolted as Yoongi sat down next to him unexpectantly. Jimin shook his head as Yoongi noticed what was on Jimin's screen, taking his phone and looking through the post himself.

He looked to Jimin and back to the post, realising this must be what Jimin was suddenly tearing up over. Jimin nodded, his voice high and shakey, "Yeah I just, I miss them so much..."

Yoongi stood up and walked over to the table, looking back at Jimin and pointing to the bowls of food he had placed on the table, "Well maybe dinner will cheer you up?"

Thanks for over 850 reads xx hope you liked this chapter, I'll post the next chapter when I get to 900 reads.