14.

Yoongi rang the doorbell as they waited outside the house that Yoongi babysat at. Jimin was amazed by the house; it was big and in one of the nicest places in the city. 

The door finally opened and at first, Jimin saw no one, but he looked down to see a tiny girl, still clutching onto the door handle on her tippy toes, swinging from side to side.

"Yoongi Oppa!" She sang as Yoongi picked her up in a hug and spun her around.

"Minjoo!" He exclaimed backed, putting her down again. she giggled, clutching a tiny hand through her short, black hair and looked up at Jimin in confusion, "Oh, this is my friend; Park Jimin, I'm staying with him at the moment so he came along!"

"Hello, Jimin Oppa!" She bowed in front of him and Jimin bowed back a little bit, giggling. They walked inside, it was a really nice house, the interior as modern and expensive as the exterior. 

"Have your parents already left?" Yoongi asked, looking around.

Minjoo nodded, "They left your money on the table." She then went over to Jimin who was still awkwardly standing near the door, "Do you like playing with dolls?"

Jimin nodded, genuinely, and the little girl's eyes lit up behind an overgrown fringe. She took his hand and led him to her room with Yoongi following behind them. It was in contrast to the rest of the house, full of mess and colour as opposed to the white minimalistic aesthetic of the other rooms he had seen; so dull and structured as if a child didn't live there at all. But Minjoo's bedroom was something he was jealous of.

It was around lunchtime and all three of them had moved her doll houses out to the living room where they played together. 

Jimin saw Yoongi was returning from the kitchen after making lunch when he caught Minjoo's attention, "So, Minjoo, is Yoongi Hyung a good babysitter?"

"He is the very bestest babysitter ever ever ever." She exclaimed and out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Yoongi sit down on the couch behind them. "He always plays and sometimes brings me presents!"

Jimin turned around to face Yoongi, raising his eyebrows, "I see."

To this, Yoongi gave him a smile, lopsided and showing a flash of teeth, "Don't give me that look, Jimin, I'm not getting you any presents."

Jimin rolled his eyes and bit back a smile as Minjoo giggled at them. Yoongi spoke again, trying his best not to laugh himself, "Maybe if you were well behaved like Minjoo."

Minjoo's mouth and eyes opened wide in a smug shock, Jimin's expression matching, less smug and more just shock, pretending to be offended as he hit Yoongi's knee softly.

Yoongi pulled his knee away, teasing, "See, disrespectful. Minjoo, I think he needs to learn from you, what do you think?"

Minjoo shut her mouth, looking at Jimin sympathetically, not wanting to hurt his feelings. Jimin leant against the couch, burying his head in the cushion, his high pitched whine muffled by the couch, "I'm sorry Yoongi Hyung!"

"It's ok," He heard Yoongi sigh over dramatically; Minjoo's giggles had turned into hysterical laughter at this point, and he pat Jimin's blonde hair comfortingly. Jimin smiled into the couch, glad that Yoongi wouldn't see how happy even this simple touch made him.

"I feel for that kid," Yoongi sighed as they drove home.

Jimin looked at him, thinking back to how perfect Minjoo seemed, "Why?"

"She barely spends any time with her parents, they work 5 out of 7 days a week and they come home and basically put her to bed. She's in some state of the art "early learning centre"  for the 4 days, and I babysit her for the other. Sure, she seems to have a pretty good life, but they only buy her love with toys instead of time. And they tuck all of it away in her room as if they never wanted a kid at all."

And it clicked for Jimin, "Sounds a lot like my childhood."

"Really?"

"Yeah," Jimin admitted, "My parents were workaholics and I had a nanny as soon as my mum could go back to work. I had everything I wanted, except their love. That sounds harsh, they really did love me, just not as much as their work. I was always second to everything else. It really wasn't that bad I guess, I was a bit of a spoilt brat anyway so," he scoffed and Yoongi listened. "What about you?"

Yoongi kept his eyes on the road, expression unchanging, "My childhood was fairly average, my dad worked an office job while my mum was a nurse. My younger brother and I were always pushed hard at school. He's currently doing his doctorate in medicine." Yoongi said, dragging every word like the topic of his own family bored him, "And I'm here, with a degree in music production. Never use it, I mean I had a DJ job like once but the club shut down after a while. I like to not think about if that could have been because of me."

"Music production? That's really interesting."

Yoongi debated, "I guess."

"It's more interesting than mine," Jimin added, sighing as he watched the road in front of him.

"Management and business could be fun. I mean getting a solid income can always be fun?" Yoongi said to which Jimin laughed and nodded. "As long as that's what you're passionate about?"

"Yoongi Hyung," Jimin then looked over at him, serious and waiting for Yoongi to make eye contact with him. When they got a red light, Yoongi couldn't resist looking into the other's eyes, "Promise me, if I ever say I'm passionate about business and management; shoot me."