[25]

^^

⚠️ warning, code black ⚠️
(Colour code descriptions in idk-me)

"In room 34 on the first level." The receptionist lady says kindly, Seokjin thanking her briefly before walking to the room with the trio.

Jungkook sighs, the clean and sanitized hospital brought him a bit of anxiety. He intertwines his fingers with Taehyung, holding their hands together which warms his heart slightly.

"Kookie, it'll be alright." Taehyung states,squeezing the boy's hand in reassurance. "As long as your love is there, everything will work itself out."

Jungkook smiles a genuine smile as they arrive at the door. Beside it, written in black on a whiteboard is 'Jeon Uoeni'.

But all that Jungkook's eyes can rest on is a large red X beside his mother's name.

He sees Jin covering his mouth in his peripheral vision, as Namjoon pulls the shocked man toward him.

"W-what does the X mean?" Jungkook asks, his heart hurting as he lets go of Taehyung's hand.

"Jungkook-ah...." Jin starts, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"No. N-no... no! I won't let it!" Jungkook says, grabbing the handle of the door and pulling it open.

No one is there.

No mother on the bed, no traces of the woman anywhere.

Just, a white envelope.

Jungkook rushes in, the others following shortly behind him. He grabs the envelope and carefully folds it open, pulling a lined piece of paper out of it. He open the paper, and starts reading his mother's handwriting.

Dear Jungkook,

If you are seeing this, I am probably gone. I am writing this as I lay in the hospital bed. I've always liked the pillows here, they're soft.

Anyway, I have some things to share with you now that I may not see you again.

Please, don't stay with your father. I don't want him to hurt you like he did to me.

What happened, is that I had gone to get groceries and when I came back he was there, at the front door. I asked him why he had suddenly came back, and he pushed me onto the road.

I've been dealing with sickness for a while too, so the cause of my passing was probably the impact of a vehicle along with that.

I'm sorry that I couldn't hug you again.

Also, I came to your school while you where there secretly. I saw you help young boy.

I'm not sure why, but I had a feeling you two were going to become close.

You had a compatibility! Almost like the flavours of my favourite muffin at that cafe by our house. Caramel and lavender!

So, if you get married, invite my spirit ;p

P.S. I love you forever, and even if I seem gone I'll always be here.

P.P.S. Don't mourn my death, celebrate how I'm the best mom ever (I know I am) and don't cry, also I left some money taped to the back of this letter so go treat yourself!

P.P.P.S. Use protection

Love you!

-forever alive in your heart, Mum

Jungkook's heart ached. It was throbbing of hurt.

He felt like crying, but the feeling of hope was stronger. His mother told him to be happy, and he was.

It felt like she was hugging him, almost like her spirit was there.

For a moment, he could see her smile, before it disappeared into a cloud-like fog of vanilla.

"Jungkookie?"

Jungkook turns with a tight lipped smile and the look of tears threatening to fall. He hands the letter to Taehyung and the boy reads over it intently, not missing a single detail. A smile makes it's way onto his face, looking up from the letter as he dashes to the younger.

He wraps the younger in a soft hug.

At this moment, they both feel a rush of adrenaline boil through them at the contact. Jungkook's arms wrap around Taehyung's slim waist, as he buries his face in the crook of his neck.

"I'm so sad and happy at the same time what is this." Jungkook verbalizes, the soft material of his boyfriend's flannel making him melt at the touch. "My mother was so amazing, and this goodbye just felt right."

"I didn't get to meet her, but I can see her through the letter. It's like she's telling if me: you hurt him and I'll bring you up with me." Taehyung jokes, earning a hopeful jeer from the younger.

Jungkook looks at Taehyung in the eyes and the older nods, both of them breaking the hug. Taehyung hands the letter to Jungkook who pockets it in his sweat pants.

"She was the best mother I could ever ask for." Jungkook says, before grabbing the older's hand. "Now let's get out of here, I don't want to overthink things."

Taehyung nods.

The older knew that Jungkook was sad in a way, and wanted to care for him. "Hey Kookie?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's go out for ice cream."

Jungkook smiles at his boyfriend, glad to have someone who knew exactly what to do in a sad situation.

Taehyung smiles back, holding the boy's hand pridefully. Seokjin and Namjoon smile at the heartwarming yet sorrowful moment, agreeing to take them for ice cream.

It was an ending. An ending leading to a new beginning.