diez • friend

Nick

"How do you get a bad grade in a native language to your family?" My aunt said sliding my report card across the table.

"It's mid-trimester grades ain't no biggie tia." I told her while picking up the paper. It can't be that bad, I only slept in there only a couple times. Nope never mind I gotta 0.3 I can't smooth this over with her.

"Nicholas Simmons," She said in a stern voice and I groaned knowing when she says my full name I'm in trouble. "You can't just cruise by this year. You're a smart kid and I don't want you to flush your senior year down the toilet. College is expensive and if you do good for your last few months of high school it could really help out."

"Yes ma'am."

"I'm being serious Niño. It's only because I love you." She said kissing my cheek and grabbing her car keys, "Make sure you get to school on time today. I'm tired of them calling my phone." She then shut the door behind her.

I picked up Pablo and put him in the backyard to do his business. Then my phone began to ring.

FaceTime: future wifey 💍

"Can I borrow your sweatshirt? The green one you had on insta the other day." Alex said as soon as I answered the phone.

"Good Morning to you too." I said smiling into the camera.

"Please Nahmir. Please, please, please." She said begging into the phone sticking out her bottom lip.

"Ight, I gotchu."

"You're amazing and be ready when we get to your house you always take forever to come outside." She said then hung up before I could reply.

I opened the back door so Pablo could come inside and sat 2 bowls of water down for him with food.
I rubbed his belly and played with his ears until I heard a honk outside.

"That's my ride," I said standing up from the ground,"Be good little bro." I said while turning on the tv so he could watch it.

I stood in front of the small mirror at the front row ruffling my hair then winked at myself in the mirror.

Wait, fuck I forgot the sweatshirt. I huffed then ran up the stairs pulling the sweatshirt of the hanger in my closet. I then stopped at the same spot as before fixing my hair and winking in the mirror once more before opening the front door and locking it behind me.

When I got closer to the car in the drive way I saw Alesha sitting in the front seat where I am supposed to be. That spot has always been reserved to me. And I feel personally disrespected by not only Alesha but Jay.

"What is she doing in the front seat?" I said as I sat in the back next to Alex.

"You're lucky you missed them making out. It was like you could see their tongues and-" Tay began fake gagging.

"I think it's cute," Alex said smiling over at me.

"Yeah what's not to love about heterosexual people having public displays of affection." Jess said sarcastically.

"Jess always gotta comment on something. It's like your always mad." Jay said from the front seat

Jess' mouth dropped looking over and pointing at Tay.

"HAVE YOU MET HIM? He's been commenting on unnecessary things since the beginning of time." Jess yelled crossing her hands across her chest.

"She's right." Alex said from next to me laughing a little.

"I never say anything unnecessary." Tay said rolling your eyes.

"Okay well here's on prime example, happened about 3 weeks ago. The first thing you told Alex was that she looked expensive." Jess argued.

"I was just summarizing what jay said. Just in a quicker way. Ain't no biggie." Tay said as jay pulled the key out the car after we arrived to school.

"Y'all can get ya asses outta my car now. And have a god blessed day." Jay said.

"Oh, god blessed day? That mean you got ya wee wee sucked." Tay responded while walking away from the car.

"He most definitely did, and a lot of other things. Dray had to sleep in my room last night." Alex said to me as we walked towards the school building.

"Yoooo bro you went crazy last night? Got Alesha walking weird as shit." I said, Jay nodded and I started to give him a hand shake, "My nigga."

"I'm right here." Alesha said from beside Jay. I rolled my eyes as she pulled Jay's arm to walk faster.

"Can I have the sweatshirt?" Alex said while holding out her hand.

"Please can get you a lot of places, girl." I said as I gave her the sweatshirt. She dragged me to the side of the school looking around before taking off her shirt.

"Whoa, whoa Alex hold on." I said as she handed her shirt to me.

"What? Just give me the sweatshirt Nahmir." She responded as if everything was normal. I looked her up and down before handing the sweatshirt to her. She then slipped on the sweat shirt smiling at me afterwards.

"Alex, what are you doing Saturday night?" I blurred out while giving her shirt back.

"Antonio's throwing a party. I was gonna tell you guys later but you know." She said whilst shrugging.

Fuck Antonio. Always gotta get in a nigga's way. Maybe if I go to the party I could make a move on her.

"I'll be there." 

"Aw thank you Nahmir," She said before hugging me, "You're such a good friend."

"Yup that's me. The good friend." I said to myself as she walked away.