catorce • junkie

Alex

"You spent the night where?" My mom said yelling at me as I walked through the door.

"At my friends house, he needed some help." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"You know you can't just spend the night at peoples houses unexpectedly. Especially a boy's." She said following me up stairs to my room.

"You always used to let me stay over at Josh's house back in New York." I responded.

"Josh was gay." She replied crossing her arms.

"Okay but what about Aaron?"  I rebut.

"We've known them for years. It's your best friend's twin brother." She said.

"Yeah, they were also white mom? Are you afraid of black people mother?" I said to her.

"No, I'm afraid of poor people." She replied normally.

Did this bitch just say....

"WE ARE POOR. For god sakes we are living in the house you grew up in, you are living on the basement couch. We don't have any money mom. When was the last time you saw a maid, mom? I mean I'm adjusted just fine and I didn't grow up here. You just got so used to the fancy brunches, the diamond ear rings, the chauffeur, the maids. Do you know how to provide for yourself mother? Do you know how to hustle? Do you even know how to drive?" I said to her. She then raised her hand and slapped me across the face forcing my head to turn the opposite direction.

"I am the parent. I take care of you. You don't get to yell at me about my life." She said point her slim finger at me. I held the side of my face while looking at her. She then continued with, "These streets used to be way harder when I was growing up. At least ten of my childhood friends were killed just for living there lives, for surviving. Now your prissy ass can stop talking about hustle, because you don't even know the slightest bit of it yet." She yelled.

After she was done yelling and looked at her laughing obnoxiously, "For me to take you seriously you need to stop that fake ass British accent. Thanks for the talk though. Next time let's keep the physical activity to a minimum." I told her.

"Are you serious Alexandrea?" She looked at me in disbelief.

"I spent my childhood holding back your hair while your vomiting. I remember putting you in bed when dad wasn't home just because you couldn't stand up straight. I remember wiping the cocaine off your nose and being in the hospital waiting room while they pumped your stomach. Do you know how many times you would walk into my room high or drunk. Do you know how many of my birthdays you would spend snorting something? You've lost my respect since I was eight and it's gonna take more than you yelling and slapping me once to gain that respect back."

"I never showed up in your room high." She said in defense.

I scoffed looking at her, "You showed up to my middle school high before. Mom you need help, I'm not gonna be around 24/7 to call an ambulance or stick my finger down your throat because you took to much oxy."

"You're such a brat, your always complaining." She laughed at me.

"You're  such a junkie, you always trying to die sis. We all have a little flaws."

————-

y'all, it's gonna get a lot my juicy the next few chapters, we gonna go into depth with some thanggggss stay tuned 🤪