quince • we talk

Alex

"You and Nick are close, huh?" Jay said beside me in the school hallway.

"I don't know, we just vibe I guess." I replied to him shrugging my shoulders.

"You spent all weekend at his house. I mean neither of y'all answered your phones. Y'all called into work too, do you know how hard it is running a shoe store alone?" Jay complained. I didn't really pay attention to him continue. I kind of spaced out and looked down the hallway. Nick stood there leaning against the wall charging his phone.

"Jay I'll catch up with you later

"Jay I'll catch up with you later." I quickly said to him before speeding up my walking pace. I then leaned against the wall across from Nick, "How was your Spanish test today?"

"Muy bien." He replied, "Nah but for real thank you for the help. For everything, like taking care of me all weekend." He then held my hand slightly swinging our arms back and forth.

"It was no problem. I'd do it all over again."

"Aww you like spending time with me." He said ruffling my hair.

A girl stood in front of us awkwardly until Nick noticed she was there.

"Gina, hey." Nick said nonchalantly.

"I heard you got hurt and I just wanted to check up on you." She said placing her hand on his torso, "If you ever need anything like needing help changing your clothes or taking them off..." She trailed off looking over at me giving me a quick glare. "You know my number." She said biting her bottom lip then walking away.

I don't know if she thought that was cute but it definitely wasn't. That's why sis walking all pigeon toed and shit.

"You got hoes. Go ahead then with ya bad self." I chuckled.

"No, she just uh.... you know she's-"

"I'm guessing a girl you used to mess with?"

"Something like that," He said scratching the back of his head.

Nick

"Yeah I'll see you later." Alex said awkwardly. When she walked away I face palmed myself.

Why the fuck does Gina always gotta do some fuck shit? I've been messing around with Gina since the 8th grade.

"You seen Gina wildin' out today?" Jess said from beside me.

"Yeah she came out of no where when I was talking to Alex."

"Word on the street is she want you back."

"She acting like anyone got time for her hoe ass." I scoffed.

"I mean I think the basketball team do. She get ran through before all the games. Ain't none of my business though just the word on the street." Jess raised her hands in defense.