dieciséis • jail house

Alex
I gulped as I sat across the table from him. Curls along side his face and eye bags. The officer adjusted his hand cuffs to the table and then nodded to him.

"I missed you." Antonio said trying to reach for my hand but the hand cuffs restrained his hands, "I've been trying to reach you."

"I know." I responded looking down at his hands.

"How's school and work?" He said trying to continue the conversation.

"Why'd you do it?" I responded dodging his question.

"I don't know." He said.

"Why'd you do it?" I repeated.

"I don't know." He repeated.

"Everyone has a reason for their actions Antonio." I told him.

"Then what's the reason of you being here? To torture me? Because I had enough of it."

"No you haven't. Have you seen that girl? She's scratched up and bruised, she's scared for her life."

"I understand that and I'm sorry-"

"You don't understand because she's fifteen. She came to that party because one of your grown ass frat brothers invited her."

"That's none of your business."

"If it wasn't her it could've been me."

"And if it was?" He answered grinning up at me.

"Fucking asshole." I said as I slapped him across the face.

"Ma'am you can't have physical contact with them inmates." The officer said from the corner.

"Don't worry, I'm leaving." I said getting up from the steel chair. I walked to the door leading out of the room, "I hope you rot in here."

"I'll be back soon baby, mark my words." He chuckled. I slammed the door behind me walking down the hallways filled with guards. I wiped the tear off my face quickly as I walked to the door leading outside. I sat in the car with Jess in the drivers seat and Tay in the backseat.

"Are you okay?" Jess said after breaking the silence in the car. I began to bawl my eyes out holding my head in my hands, "I knew we shouldn't have agreed to take you here to see him." Jess said bringing me into a hug.

"No, thank you guys for helping me. Jay would've tried and talked me out of it, Alesha would've screamed at me and I don't even know how Nick would've reacted."

"Don't worry about it. I mean we have a cover story. That's how we got Jay's car in the first place." Tay said to me when I looked up.

"I can't lie to Nick." I responded.

"Yes you can just tell the little nigga you just wanted to get some Chick-Fil-A after." Tay said.

"Or you could tell him the truth." Jess shrugged as we backed out of the driving spot we were in.

"Jess you gonna act like you never seen Nick mad. He's gonna get mad as shit when he finds out we gave Alex a ride to go see her rapist ex boyfriend."
Tay exclaimed.

"He was never my boyfriend." I corrected him.

"Okay, Okay. But you know who is? Nick and he's gonna beat my ass then go off on Jess." Tay stated.

"Also not my boyfriend." I corrected him again.

"Alex your not fucking seeing the point here. Nick is probably the only person that has the same temper and fighting skills as me. I don't wanna have to fight him. Especially now I have a week more to go until I get this stupid anklet off. I don't want six months of good behavior gone to waste." Tay explained.