diecinueve • love

Nick

"One week until I get this fucking anklet off." Tay said while leaning on the locker.

"And that shit gonna go right back on in two weeks." Jay chuckled.

"Nah, have faith in him. I give it a month. Some bold nigga gonna start stepping up to him and he gonna show him how it is." I responded.

Tay looked over both of us and shook his head, "I'm more mature now. I'm not rocking with that little gang that be around town anymore. I actually would like to make it out of here alive." He said seriously.

"Aye, man I respect that. You gotta make ya momma proud." I said as I shook up with him.

"You heard from any of the girls yesterday?" Jay asked us as he went through his phone.

"Jess ain't come home yesterday. I walked over there for food and her brother said she was sleeping at Alesha's house." Tay answered.

"What? Alesha said I couldn't come over because she was spending some time with her parents." He said confusingly, "And I thought Alex was at your house." He said pointing at me.

I put my hands up in defense, shaking my head; "I was told she was staying at Alesha's last night. This ain't my problem."

"Alesha's obviously lying because it's two against one." Tay said chuckling.

"Or Jess and Alex are." Jay said trying to make everything seem better.

"Nah, we ain't talking about my baby like that. She doesn't lie to me."

"Period, no tampon." Tay said joking.

"Nigga shut yo bitch ass up." I told Tay while laughing. The bell began to ring and I quickly shook up with them before walking away.

As I started walking down the long hallway that felt close to empty I felt a presence beside me.

"Hey Nicky." Gina said awkwardly close to me.

"Gina, how are you?" I said slightly annoyed. I was followed. I'm just trying to get to Spanish class. In peace, without hoe activity.

"I'm good, and I see that you are look fine as always." She said staring me down.

"Mhm," I gulped uncomfortably,"Yeah, I'm just trying to get to class on time." I said speeding up my pace.

"Or maybe we could skip like the old days." She said grabbing my forearm. I immediately yanked my arm away from her grasp.

"Gina, listen. We had fun when we were younger but we are older now and I am more mature. I have a girlfriend who I am very loyal too. I just hope you can respect that." I told her, stopping in the middle of the hallway.

"I also hope you can respect that I am your first love and I'm the one who took your virginity. We love each other Nick. And you can't try and make it go away just because some bougie rich girl showed just a little interest in you. I have always loved you and after she leaves I'm going to still be here. Waiting for you." Gina said trying to get a hold of my hand but I kept taking steps back.

"You can wait all you want but I'm not coming back to you. I have strong feelings for Alex." I told her.

Gina rolled her teary eyes and looked down at the floor, "You love her, huh?"