12

Maddie woke up to a pillow sat between her arms instead of her boyfriend and a crumbled note laying beside her

Maddie woke up to a pillow sat between her arms instead of her boyfriend and a crumbled note laying beside her. She sat up yawning and stretching, several cracking nosies coming from her body as she uncrumbled the paper. She read over it with a small tired smile Woke up early, hope you slept well call later. Love you. The note on the ripped and crumble peice of yellow paper had Justins messy script on the first line. After reading it she threw the paper into her small empty metal trashcan. She grabbed her outfit for the day and went into her bathroom ready to take a shower.

After finishing her shower and changing she came out into her room setting her old clothes into the dirty basket and bringing the basket downstairs to set next to the washing machine since it was laundry day. When she walked back through planning to go to her room she seen her mother standing in the kitchen drinking her coffee, this suprised Maddie since her mother normally was up and had her coffee at seven and it was now nine. Maddie sat in the seat she always did and smiled at her mother. "Hey mama. How'd you sleep?" Maddie asks setting her arms on the table as she looked at her mother. "I slept well thank you. How did you sleep?" Her mother asked her back before picking up the house phone. "Great." Maddie said with a smile while she watched her mother. "I need to go pick up May and then I need to drop her off at her practice for her concert, I will be at work until late tonight so you and Zach need to make dinner and Zach will be picking up May after her practice I expect to see all of you in bed when I get home, no loud music, finish your homework, watch May, and you need to practice on your dancing. I know all of you have events coming up so I need you all to stay inside unless Zach needs to practice outside then he and who ever his practice buddies are may practice in the back yard. Got it?" Her mother asks quickly after explaining the whole days plan making Maddie nod her head. Her mother smiled as she grabbed her purse and kissed Maddies head and went to the door and before fully leaving turned back around. "Keep the door locked, Zach has a key, take your medicine it's in the cabinet like always." She said before locking the door and leaving. Maddie rolled her eyes at the last part, she was always being told to take her medicine, and she hated it. She hated being babied and that's what it felt like to her, being told to take her medicine everyday, though she knew she needed the medicine she didn't like taking it or being told to do so. With a sigh she walked out and grabbed the small circler bottle of pills spilling a few into her hand to only keep one and drop the others back into the bottle. After a few minutes simply sitting in silence she walked back into her room and grabbed her bag and slipped out the cassett player and headphones. She jumped back onto her bed and layed down after slipping on the headphones, she figured this would be the best time as she would be alone since May and Zach wouldn't be back for at least an hour and a half.

"Shh. For this next one, you need to be very, very quiet. Because you're about to do something very wrong. Be careful. And don't get caught. Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to watch someone? To invade someone's privacy? Do you wonder what secrets you might uncover? What skeletons you might turn up? Well for this one, you're about to find out. A-4 on your maps, kid." With a sigh Maddie quickly grabbed the shoe box that was hidden under her bed and pulled it up grabbing the map that had Hannahs drawings and script. She quickly placed the cassett player into her front pocket and made sure placed where it wouldn't fall out and clicked play again after sliding her keys in her pocket and running outside to follow where the map lead her.

"Now, don't say you're too afriad or that you don't feel comfortable doing this kind of thing, because guess what? You spy on people everyday. Following someone. And being followed. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram they've made us a society of stalkers and we love it. My once friend Maddie brought my eyes too it and she openly admitted she loved to do it, though what this tape is about is not socially stalking someone." As maddie slightly jogged she turned down the side of the road to see several houses but stopped opon hearing her name in Hannahs voice. It took a second to feel her breath come again when she realized this wasn't her tape and what Hannah had said about her meant nothing bad on her part, hopefully.

"Stalking someone in real life is a whole nother thing. That's right. I had a stalker. And if you've made it to A-4, you're outside his window. Just like I am right now." Maddies breath caught in her throat, when she was recording these she must have been going to the places just like them, reliving the memories, and by the pain held in Hannahs voice she could tell her guess was right.

"Any guesses yet? No? Well, stay tuned to hear about the skeletons he dug up. For now let's see if he's got any of his own. My heart's pounding right now. Can you hear it? Listen." Maddie could tell she had put the microphone she was using to record her words to her chest because she could hear the rapid beat of Hannahs heart and she was sure if she had done the same thing to her own she would get the same result. She was freaking out, it was the middle of the day and she was standing outside someones window and disobeying her mothers rules. She was looking through the window searching for anything to tell her whose room it was. Whose window. She wanted to know and she wasn't sure how long it would be until she was caught and would have to run. She looked over the room and couldn't see much other than a computer and a few books other than that it was normal, until something caught her eye. There was a camera on the bed, the same camera that followed her around the school, lately though it had been following her less and less to where she had only see it flash in her direction once and that was Monday, but this was enough to make her head spin like most information she was getting through Hannahs voice on a cassett player. Her heart rate quickened and she backed away from the window. What if he had been stalking her and she never noticed. She started back down the road hoping she wouldn't have to go back there.

"Welcome to your tape, Tyler Down. So, tell me when did it start? How long were you watching me, Tyler? I didn't really think anything of it at first." Maddies eyebrows furrowed in confusion what did she mean she didn't think anything of it? It was a stalker, nonetheless, she clicked play ready to listen.

"It must have been the sound of a tree branch in the wind. But the sound followed me. I was too scared to move. Even to shut the blinds. I didn't sleep much that night. But the pictures you took that night aren't the reason you're on this tape." As Maddie turned down the crub to go to her house it suddenly dawned on her, there was a picture that had floated around the school of her kissing a girl who she didn't know, Tyler must have taken it. Taking her earbuds out and shoving them in her pocket with her cassett player she quickly ran the rest of the way home. With her body being used to pushing itself past where she should stop with extra-size she was just barley getting home when her breathing became heavier. She unlocked the house door not bothering to look at the driveway to see if her brothers car would be there since she didn't think she had spent much time out, but, she was quickly proven wrong when she seen her brother pacing the livingroom with is hands on his head and her sister standing near the couch as she kept saying. "She's probably just on a walk." When she shut the door she gathered the attention of both her brother and her sister both quickly moving and pulling her into a hug. "Next time leave a note or Zach's going to loose his mind." May says laughing making them all laugh and Zach let out a breath. "Seriously though leave a note or text me it's easy Mads, you had me worried sick." He said and Maddie nodding walking back to her room to set her cassett player and headphones on her bed and shut the door when she walks back out to watch a movie with her siblings.

{8.13.18}