33

Maddie sat in the gym on the bleachers with Justin and Zach on either side of her, beside Zach was Jessica and then standing in the front was Alex and Courtney

Maddie sat in the gym on the bleachers with Justin and Zach on either side of her, beside Zach was Jessica and then standing in the front was Alex and Courtney. She had no clue what was going on but everyone else seemed to know, maybe that's why they had been sitting together at lunch, but she never seen Justin with them so maybe he too was out of the loop? "Okay, he's out of his fucking mind." Justin said annoyed looking at the group, for some reason Maddie felt nervous being in this group, maybe it was because she didn't know exactly what was going on but she was pretty sure it was actually because she had never talked about the tapes much with any of them let alone as a group, it made her feel ill knowing everyone in the group knew what she knew, or some of it, and knew personal things about her she never wanted then to know. "We played by Hannah's rules. Okay, it's not fair if the tapes get out there because Clay went postal." Maddie's head shot up at Courtney's words. "What do you mean..if the tapes get out?" Maddie asked slowly her chest tightening. "I mean.." Courtney said slowly trying to do it slowly for Maddie knowing she hadn't been in the loop but Alex took it upon himself to speak up. "She means if someone leaks them, if someone else hears them? If it's out there. You know everyone getting to hear your real name, your past life. What you did to Hannah." Maddie looked at Alex and sighed. "Justin can he do that?" Maddie asked looking over at him and Justin shakes his head while grabbing his hand. "I don't think he would."
"Yeah I don't think so either." Zach says rubbing her back but once again Alex speaks. "I think he might. He was sad, he loved her and she died, maybe that'll be his way of getting back at every single one of us for fucking her over."

"Dude you're late." Justin says annoyed when Marcus comes in and Jessica makes Alex sit down due to his stomach pain. "I talked to Tony. He says he'll take care of it."
"What does that even mean?" Courtney asks and Maddie speaks up.
"As far as I know Tony hates all of us other than me and Zach so why would he do anything to protect us after what we've done?" Maddie asks but she doesn't have time to get an answer since Justin speaks up.
"Tony's a dick." Justin says and both Maddie and Zach speak at the same time standing up for their friend. "He's not a dick."
"He's a dick, he's a prick, and he's a cock." Maddie shakes her head at his words and rolls her eyes. "They're the same thing."
"No, they're all like nuances of meaning." Maddie laughed and Zach rolled his eyes but neither of them again anything.

"Okay look, Tony won't do shit so we have to take care of this. End that little bastered once and for all." Everyone stays quite expect Jessica and Maddie. "That's insane." Jessica says and Maddie scrunches up her face. "Justin are you serious?" She asks shocked at her boyfriends words.
"I don't know, we could like make it look like an accident." Everyone scoffed and Maddie just kept the same look on her face of shock that he was actually thinking about this.
"Maybe make it look like a suicide? Think how tragic that would be, some star cross lovers shit?" Maddie lets her lips open slightly while she tried to compose herself. "Grow up, Justin." Zach says from beside of Maddie. "Are you telling me to grow up? Mommas boy?" Justin asks leaning in so seeing the look on her friends face Jessica gets up and walks around the two boys and grabs Maddies hand and pulls her to sit with her and Alex away from the fight that everyone was sure was about to break out.
"How long have these meetings been going on?" Maddie asks the two people beside her and the shrug. "Basically since you gave Clay the tapes." Alex says and Maddie nods while keeping her eyes on Zach and Justin hopping they wouldn't get into a fight. "One thing. If one thing had gone differently along the line maybe none of this would have happened." Zach says and Maddie nods along with her brother.

After the meeting Justin walked with Maddie and Zach out the door until Maddie stopped hearing Alex groan from the gym, knowing Jessica had already left Maddie took it upon herself to check on the boy. "Justin, I'll be back." She says and before Justin can ask why she runs back in. "Alex are you good?" Maddie asks as she jogs over to the boy. "Yeah, hey uh, I wanted to let you know I'm sorry how I singled you out today I just haven't had the greatest time." Maddie nods and smiles at his words. "It's okay, none of us have, I should have expected more actually, just don't hit my car." Maddie jokes and Alex laughs. "Don't try to hit me with it and I won't." Maddie laughed but it was cut short by Justin walking into the gym calling for her. "What the fuck Mads, you coming or not?" Justin asks while Zach stands at the door. "Yeah, sorry I was just talking to Alex." Maddie says and Alex speaks up with a joke. "Just how much she likes me, how she wishs we were both single so she could declare her undying love for me." The way Alex lied so calmly and swiftly Maddie wondered if Justin knew for sure it was a joke but then Alex added something just to make sure he knew not wanting to get Maddie upset. "She also said you smell bad." Maddie chuckled at this and looked away. "No, it's true she was like 'Justin smells bad' and I was like 'I know.'"
Maddie chuckled and pushed his shoulder lightly with a laugh. "Oh you're funny Standall." Justin says but the look behind his eyes made her believe he wasn't just smiling with joy. "No you're funny Justin, with that whole let's get rid of the bastered? What's that all about?" Maddi actually wanting to know she looked up and JUstin spoke. "It's about protecting ourselves." Alex scoffed. "From what?" And Justin spoke quickly already having his answer. "From Hannah's lies!" Alex stood up and Maddie stood up making sure they weren't about to fight.
"Did she lie? Because she didn't lie about me." Alex says storming away and Maddie sighs and follows him with Zach and Justin follows behind them.

"Justin?" Maddie breaks the silence that her bedroom heald when she looked up to her boyfriend who looked up at her to speak again. "What is going on with you lately?" Maddie asks and Justin sighs, his breath shaky while he rubs his face. "Maddie, I'm scared. I don't want anyone hurt and I'm worried about what people will think, I need to protect you, me, everyone and it's just getting so...hard." Maddie stares at Justin when his eyes turn red as he hold beck tears. "Babe, it's not your job to protect everyone, it's okay, don't.. don't lose yourself while trying to save us. We'll be fine it's okay.."Maddie said while she hugged Justin, they were both scared, they were both constantly scared about everything now. Then Maddie's phone rang. Maddie and Justin both wiped their eyes and Maddie answers her phone. "Yes?" Maddie asks her voice cracking from the emotions she was feeling.
"Sissy?" The voice from over the phone asked and Maddie chuckled. "May, Zach's on his way sorry I didn't-" Maddie was cut off by the other voice.

"No, Sissy, it's Mackenzie, you're real sister."

~~~Authors Note~~~
So I actually wrote this last night and it was a lot longer and actually instead of this happening Justin and Maddie got into a very large fight, but wattpad deleted that chapter from my drafts and I couldn't get it back so I rewrote it with a new plot.

Don't worry there is about to be plenty of drama, and Justin and Maddie will be most of it so buckle up lmao.
I decided to publish this today even tho I'm not really happy with it because the length is short so I figured it could be like a random bonus update?

{6.18.19}