2

Maddie jolted awake to the sound of her alarm going off and quickly rolled over to turn it off already irritated with the noise

Maddie jolted awake to the sound of her alarm going off and quickly rolled over to turn it off already irritated with the noise. After a few moments of rubbing her eyes Maddie sat up and smiled when the sun shining through her window hit her skin, it was warming and added a subtle glow to her skin. Looking at the time Maddie smiled, she had actually managed to wake up with her first alarm which meant she would have time to have breakfast before getting ready. Making her way into the kitchen she seen Zach standing against the counter talking to their mother.

"Well, good morning sleepy head." Zach teases and Maddie swats his hand away when he moves it to play with her already messed up hair. "Good morning." Maddie laughs while greeting the both of them and grabbing a waffle to put in the toaster. After they all greet each other and Maddie's waffle pops back up she turns to the both of them. "So what are we talking about?" She asks while grabbing the syrup and strawberries. "Well, Bryce offered for your brother-well actually for the both of you to use his lawyer. And I don't want to send you guys in there without any guidance." Maddie nods while putting the fruit back into the fridge. "So we are testifying?" Maddie asks, of course the both of them figured they would, especially with them being on the tapes and they were subpoenaed but they still had hope, until now anyways.

Karen sighed while nodding to her daughter. "Yes, but I know you already have Mr. Molena so I will turn down Bryce's offer for you but," She says trailing off to look at Zach who sighs while zipping up his jacket. "Mom, I don't want Bryce's lawyer. We can figure something out." Karen sighs while digging through her purse for her cell phone. "I know, but this is normally something your dad would have dealt with." Both the siblings looked down at the mention of their father making Karen sigh. "I'm sorry. Look I'll see what I can do but at least keep and open mind and tell Bryce thank you." Karen says while Zach runs out the door. "I will see you when we get home." Karen calls out to Maddie as she walks out the door.

Maddie smiled waving her off before walking back into her room to get ready, which she does rather quickly and within fifteen minutes makes it into the car and down the street.

Making it into the school Maddie spots Clay standing outside Tyler's yearbook room. "Maddie, come here." Clay says quickly grabbing her arm and pulling her into the room making Maddie shriek and giggle slightly until she see's the mess of the room. "Oh, my god. Tyler what happened?" Maddie asked looking around Tyler looked up. "I called out some guys yesterday, they didn't like it." Maddie sighs and sits down next him. "I am so sorry this happened to you." Maddie says and Tyler scoffs. "Sure you are. You're one of them. You know what Bryce did and you're still friends with him, you know how Monty treats people and you're still friends with him. Maddie you're no better." Maddie looks down and tells herself it's just his hurt feelings that's making him say this.

"Tyler, Bryce and I aren't friends anymore. And I'm only friends with Monty because I can't let go of him because if I let go of him I let go of everything, and I'm not ready to do that yet." Tyler slowly looked up from his camera. "But , you're going to?" He asks cautiously, Maddie nods slowly and places her hand on his for comfort. "Yeah, it's too painful to be with them, but right now it's even more painful to be alone." Tyler only nodded, he knew what she meant.